Chapter 11

Narrator's POV

Karter woke up in his empty bed which he remembers sleeping in with his lovely mate. The boy stretched out his hands to run them on the heavily scented bed sheets. He felt a hollow feeling in his heart and swallowed down the dreading emotions the Omega was experiencing due to the absence of his newly founded mate. 

Karter could hear the family moving around the house and he instantly turned his head towards his alarm clock to see the time. It was half-past 7 and he was surprised that his mother didn't come to wake hi-

"Get your bum up, Kar!" On the queue, his mother shouted as she knocked on the door. "You awake?!" She shouted again.

"Yeah, mama, I'm awake!" Karter said, a little annoyed.

"Come down for breakfast, Luna William will be here soon." Her footsteps were fading as Karter got up from his warm, inviting bed and forced himself to go to the bathroom. The boy was quick to take care of his business and brush his teeth before he headed downstairs to the noisy kitchen.

"Good morning." He mumbled while he sat down on the chair beside Kayne. The Omega had no energy as he slept really late last night.

"So enthusiastic for your mating ceremony, Kar." Kayne chuckled. "I expected you to be a little nervous." 

Karter's eyes got visibly wide as the information sunk in. The boy totally forgot about the ceremony. How could he forget about something like that! Karter miserably thought. He could feel his heart in his throat.

"Hey, calm down. I reckon you didn't have the ceremony on your mind or the fact that you are gonna be the Luna of the pack and now I'm making it worse by talking, aren't I?" Kayne looked at his mother who came to him just to smack the back of his head with her spatula.

"You just can't stop talking." Their father signed behind his newspaper as his mate went behind their son who was very busy freaking out.

"It's going to be alright, love." Anna whispered to him as she leaned down to kiss his temple. Unfortunately,  she can't do anything other than assure him and be with him for the day. The nervousness is a part of the experience and the woman calculated that it was better than her son will go through this mainly on his own. "Take a deep breath." She instructed and watched him follow. "It's your big day, baby. I don't want you to spend it worrying and getting nervous about pointless things." She soft said, pressing their faces side by side. 

"I can't help it." He whimpered.

"I know, baby." She truthfully said. "You just gotta live the moment, sweet pea." The woman was going to say something else but the front door ran, interrupting the moment. 

"Do you think he's here?" Kayne asked his mother as he got up to open the door.

"Yeah." She smiled, looking forwards to meet the nice Omega. They both formed a friendship yesterday which was an honor for the Female Beta.

"I'll go!" Karter hurried before Kayne could even step out of the kitchen. Everyone in the family knew Karter will be alright. Though he was shy and timid, the boy also was very determined and ambitious.

"Good morning." Karter said as he opened the door to see his future father-in-law smiling softly.

"Good morning, love." Willian stepped inside and gestured to the female Alpha who was behind him to get in as well. "I had Suzan help me with some gifts I got for you and your family." After that, Karter noticed the two bags he was holding and the other 5-6 the girl had in her arms. 

"Oh Goddess, you didn't have to." Karter said, feeling his neck and his whole face starting to get red.

"Don't worry about that, love. Most of the things were passed down to me from Lucas' mother so I had to give them to you." The man said with a gentle smile. "Oh hello Anna." William rushed to hug Anna who returned the gesture excitedly. "So I saw this beautiful bracelet on my way back yesterday and I think you'll love it." He said with excitement laced in his tone.