Chapter 20

Narrator's POV

"So, how did it go with dad?" Karter said, referring to the problem Ivan had with Alpha Lucas. "I'm guessing it went well, you were having a good time with him." He was sitting in front of the dresser, drying his hair. 

The Omega mindlessly curled his fingers around the silver hair pulled it slightly. The light from the room was reflecting on his hair, making them shiny and glowy. His hair doesn't appear to be that noticeable and sometimes he even forgets the change. His silver eye was hard to ignore. Altogether, these changes certainly made him look significantly different.

"It went great, he knows me too well so he didn't take it to heart." Ivan said from behind with a towel wrapped around his waist. "You had a good time with them?" He asked and came forward to kiss him now fluffy hair.

"They are so lovely, I almost didn't want to leave." The Omega said and got up to get Ivan's clothes. He got shorts and a tank top, nothing too fancy because they well going to sleep and Ivan didn't wear much to bed.

"Thanks." The Alpha muttered and quickly wore the clothing articles. "We are going to a meeting tomorrow." He informed the boy. 

"Oh.. with whom?" Karter walked toward the sitting area in their room and turned on the television. 

"With the Elders, some doctor, and my parents." Ivan replied and came back, fully clothed. "It's going to be a long meeting, just a warning." He planted himself beside Karter and took him in his arms.

"Okay..." Karter snuggled in his mate and placed his head on Ivan's chest. 

"Hang around with papa after that, you can talk to him about the Luna stuff and then, if you want to, you can visit me at the office." Ivan softly said.

"Okay." Karter replied which was followed by a yawn. Ivan smiled and ran his fingers in Karter's long hair, feeling the other relax, and soon the Omega was asleep. 

-----------

"Good morning." Ivan said as the pair walked into the filled meeting room. This time, there was an empty seat beside his own for Karter. All of the doctors, Alex, and Killian stood from their seats in their presence. Like a gentleman, Ivan pulled the chair for Karter and nodded to the others to sit. "Thank you for coming." Ivan sat with his hands clasped and glanced at everyone in the room. 

"First and foremost, we will discuss Karter's health." The doctors sat straight at the comment. "His body becomes really weak and he coughs blood after his body loses control." He explained. "The next whole week, I want you to assess his body and find out what's wrong and how to fix it." Ivan's face was stoic and his voice oozed dominance as he spoke to the group. A Beta doctor among them noted everything he said about their job. "Please fix an appointment for tomorrow- Is tomorrow okay?" Ivan's eyes went to Karter and the boy nodded instantly. "An appointment for tomorrow and a standby team close to the mansion. I think we'll get to more about the situation when- when the Godly wolve takes control." Ivan said. "That's it for the doctor, thank you for coming." He nodded to them and in no time they left the room. 

"Report." Ivan demanded and Alex slightly sprung up in his seat and opened the file in front of him. Ivan had noticed that he looked distracted and his eyes were unfocused on the table. The big Alpha thought that behavior was foreign for Alex. Now that he recalls, Alex has been weird since his mating ceremony. He would only call to ask him about pack management and wouldn't engage in longer conversations. 

"There were 10 rogues spotted around the border in the last 5 days. Only one attack on two patrol wolves. The rogue was taken down immediately, no casualties." Alex said, his eyes concentrated on the paper and his posture, skittish. "A few other rogues appeared to feral but they stayed away from the border so no contact." He turned the page. "Um, I got hold of neighbor packs to get any information about 'the event'. So far, no other similar incident had happened that day or any day for that matter. In total, I and Killian called 7 packs and Killian visited 5. The names and other information is written here." Ivan nodded, reminding himself to read the data later.