Chapter 5

Karter

"Finally..."

He suddenly pulled himself away from me and plastered my face with tiny kisses. My cheeks, forehead, and finally left a few pecks on my lips. I had my eyes closed as my wolf swoon at the attention we were receiving from our mate. He pressed our forehead together and then I opened my eyes. My mate's eyes were shut close but what catches my attention were the tears running down his cheeks. I frowned when my wolf howled at the sight.

I cupped the Alpha's face and wiped the tears with my thump. It physically hurts to see him like this and it is the worst feeling in the world. I want to do everything that makes him the happiest man in the world. It's an unfamiliar feeling that I never felt before and it made me scared knowing that someone holds this much power over me.

'Why is he crying, Kar?' I wasn't surprised when all kinds of negative thoughts started to emit in my mind through my wolf. Percy has always been a self-conscious wolf so I expected that him to feel a bit insecure in this situation. 

 He opened his eyes and chuckled, seeing my expression, and brought his lips to mine one more time. I have decided, I love his kisses. 

"I'm just so happy to finally have you, baby." He spoke on my mouth and warmth erupted in my heart because of his answer. I never knew I'll feel this happy after hearing these words.

"I'm happy too." I shyly said as he squeezed me tighter in his arms. I feel so safe and content like this. It feels like nothing can harm me as long as I'm with my mate. His scent was driving me crazy and I just want him to fuck my brain for hours. I blushed at my naughty thoughts and felt my face getting warmer. Alpha Ivan once again buried his face in my neck and took a deep breath. His breath fanned over me and I bit back a moan to keep myself from facing the embarrassment.

"What were you doing here, Karter? It's very late at night and rouges are most likely roaming around this area."  His voice was laced with worry and his hold tightened around my waist. I don't blame him for feeling that way. Even the thought of him getting a paper cut pains me and we aren't even mated yet.

"I- I come here to clear my mind sometime but I think today I lost the track of time," I replied nervously because he is not only my mate but THE Alpha too.

"Next time please be careful." He snuggled deeper in my neck and I was getting tired of standing on my toes for so long.

The ringtone of my cell scared the shit out of me when it suddenly started to ring. We pulled away and I quickly got my phone out of my pocket. I knew it was my mum.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU KARTER ARYA STARR!" I flinched away from the device because of my mama's loud voice. I then kept the phone away from my ear and smile awkwardly at Alpha who was standing with his own eyes widen. "YOU WERE  SUPPOSE TO BE HOME AN HOUR AGO!! AN HOUR! I couldn't even mindlink you. You better have a solid excuse or else I won't let you enter the house." I bit my lips in embarrassment and prepared my answer.

"Sorry mama, I slept for a bit and I have other important things to do right now. I'll call you later."

"Don't you dare hang up on me! What are these important things? Are you clubbing? You could have told me and you know I'd your permission. You turned 21 today, of course, I'd let you go out tonight."

"Maaaammaaaa I'm not clubbing!" I whined with my face beet red. And this whole time, Ivan was standing awkwardly in front of me. The fact that he could hear our conversation because of his strong hearing sense made it way more embarrassing.

"Then what are the important things you are doing? And don't you dare lie to me. Are hooking up-"

"I found my mate!" I shouted and quickly hung up the call, knowing she won't call again. Quickly I turned off my phone so it won't be a distraction. Founding a mate is a very big deal and bounding is a bigger deal, I don't want anyone to interrupt us and I think mama will understand.