Chapter 19

Narrator's POV

The pair were met with the Omega's family in a warm welcome. Anna spent some time plastering kisses on Karter's face and telling how much they missed him. The pair ate some pastries and chatted before Karter went to his room with Kayne as the other three wolves talked politics. 

"Call your friends." Ivan's whispered in Karter's ear as he tried to stand from the table. The other nodded with a small pout on his face.

"There's something going on with your friends, huh?" Kayne asked as he flopped on Karter's small bed. 

"Yeah, they are pissed that Ivan and I are mates." Karter simply said and went to his book self after getting out a few boxes.

"Oooo." Kayne properly laid on the bed and got his phone out. "Alpha Ivan asked you to call them?" He said while scrolling down his phone.

"Yeah." Karter answered as he got out all of the books from the self. He wasn't surprised that Kayne heard that quiet whisper since he was a strong Beta. 

"You should call them to help you and I'll go hang out with my friends." Kayne sighed and put his phone back in his pocket. "I don't want to get in the way." He cheekily grinned.

"You are using it as an excuse to go out." Karter said as he accusingly glared at his brother. Kayne simply kissed Karter on his head and walk out of the room with his hand waving. 

"I wouldn't dare." He said with a fake horrified expression. "Love you." Kayne exited the room and Karter sighed as he got his phone out of his pocket.

'Come over to my parent's house.' He plainly messaged them and saw the two see the text in a few minutes. 

'K.' Mattew's reply came in seconds. 

'Can you make sure Linda comes too, thank you.' Karter wrote when the female Omega didn't respond.

'Can't make promises.' Mattew said.

'Okay...' Karter pouted but shook his head as he started to tear up. His friends were his everything and he treasured them so much. Seeing this pained him and his wolf a lot.

 The Omega left his spot on the floor and roamed around his room to see if there was something worth taking to their big mansion. He saw his birthday gifts lying in a corner and started to investigate if Kayne took something. He chuckled at the absence of the Nintendo Switch his great aunt gave him. Karter's cell sounded a 'ting' and the boy hurriedly grabbed it to see Mattew's message.

'We're here.' He wrote 'we' which means Linda came. Karter ran out of his room and down the stairs.

"Don't run on the stairs!" His mother's shouted as the boy was so close to tripping over his feet.

"Sorry!" He shouted back and heard his family and his mate laugh. 

Karter quickly opened the front door and was met with Mattew, who had a small smile on his face, and Linda who showed no expressions.

"Come in." Karter moved aside and let the two in. As they walked further into the house, Karter noticed that Linda was avoiding his eyes. Her arms were crossed and her head held high. Karter recognized this form of her. She acted like that whenever she was mad and uncooperative. The male Omega sighed as he recalled how hard it was for them to get her out of this mood. 

As the three neared the stairs, Linda looked Karter straight in the eyes. "Why did you call us?" She asked, her face still showing no emotions. Her eyes roamed around his face as she noticed the difference in his appearance but didn't make any comment about it.