Chapter 51

Bitchycookies: Thank you so much ceekaysmiles87. I read your message this morning and instantly got out of my block. Your words helped me so much and I encourage everyone to express themselves. It gives me motivation to write!

Anyways, Happy Reading! 

Meeri: The cover up there fits perfectly with the chapter, so I would suggest listening to it while reading the first part of the chapter. 

Ivan laid on his bed, slowly awakening from his slumber. Beside him, Karter snored softly, his limbs entwined around the Alpha as if bound by an invisible rope. Ivan chuckled and attempted to extricate himself from his mate's grasp, but the movement only elicited a whine from Karter, who stirred and opened his eyes.

"Morning," Ivan greeted with a smile as Karter sat up and rubbed his eyes. He noticed that Karter was wearing the T-shirt Ivan had discarded the previous night. It amused him how his mate would often wear his clothes as pajamas, finding comfort in them. Karter looked down at Ivan and grinned before playfully pouncing on him, knocking the breath out of his lungs.

"Morning!" Karter giggled, and Ivan responded by tickling him and planting gentle kisses on his neck. Karter tapped Ivan's back, signaling for him to stop, but Ivan continued until tears of laughter streamed down Karter's face. Gasping for air, Karter finally managed to persuade Ivan to let him go as the Alpha got up to take a shower.

"You seem unusually cheery this morning. What happened?" Ivan inquired as he made his way to the bathroom.

"I don't know. I just have a feeling that today will be a good day. And the weather is so nice. Let's go for a walk. I feel happy," Karter exclaimed, jumping up to pull back the blinds, revealing the gathering grey clouds. He had always found solace and happiness in storms, an inclination that Ivan found peculiar since werewolves typically preferred clear weather for runs and training. Nonetheless, Ivan smiled, appreciating the genuine happiness radiating through their mate bond.

"Alright, but before that, join me in the shower," Ivan suggested, extending his hand for Karter to take. Karter smirked mischievously and accepted the invitation.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to walk afterward," Karter teased playfully as Ivan led him under the cascading water.

The warm water enveloped them, and Karter closed his eyes, relishing in the sensation while his mate pressed against him from behind. He could feel Ivan's hands delicately tracing up and down his sides, their featherlight touch causing his skin to tingle. Ivan leaned down and peppered kisses on Karter's mating mark, sending shivers down his spine even amidst the warm water.

"We should hurry," Karter mumbled, prompting Ivan to slow down.

"Okay," Ivan acquiesced, understanding that Karter wasn't quite in the mood. He grabbed the shampoo and began washing Karter's hair. Soon, they turned around, their faces adorned with wide smiles, and began washing each other's hair simultaneously.

Inside Ivan's heart, a warm and fuzzy feeling expanded, filling him with contentment.

"Are you sure you want to go for a walk... in this weather?" Ivan asked, confusion evident in his voice as he hobbled along, relying on his sleek black cane. Thankfully, his healing was progressing well, allowing him to transition from crutches to the cane. The cold wind blew harshly, but Karter couldn't contain his beaming smile. Despite having work to attend to in his office, Ivan found himself pulled outside by his mate under the guise of "getting some fresh air."

"Yes! Let's go," Karter exclaimed, dressed in a white flowing shirt, light pink shorts, and black platform trainers. His hair was gathered in a messy bun, with a few loose strands framing his face. At that moment, Ivan marveled at how ethereal his mate appeared. He brought Karter's hand to his lips.