Chapter 9

This chapter is 6223 words long...... it is the longest so far. Your welcome. Enjoy!

Ivan.

Karter and I were sitting on the sofa in his family's living room. His family was sitting right in front of us and they didn't stop staring at me since Karter introduced me as his mate. Their eyes were wide and their faces were coated with unbelief. 

What if they didn't accept me as their son-in-law? What if they force Karter to leave me? What if I kill them because of this? Karter will hate me. I don't want Karter to hate me and reject me as his mate! I have to get them to like me.

By looking at their reaction, I'm sure they're already thinking of ways to separate me and Karter. I looked at Karter, who was sitting beside me with his arms wrapped around my bicep. He wasn't looking worried at all so I nudge him and gestured to his family. He let out a sigh and rolled his eyes at them.

"Hello? I think we have given you enough time to grasp the unbelievable truth. So can you guys please say something to Ivan? He's really nervous because of your reactions." Karter said and waved his hand in front of the three wolves who had dazed eyes.

I heard Alex snicker from somewhere and turned my head to look at him eating an apple from the entrance of the living room. I glared at him as he continued to make fun of me by the link.

"H-hello, Alpha." Karter's mom suddenly said and I almost broke my neck by how quickly I turned it. "It was just a huge shock for us to learn you are Karter's mate." He shyly said. "We deeply apologize for our misunderstood reaction." She said and the two men beside her quickly nodded their heads.

"We are very much honored to have you in our family. This must be a blessing that Luna has bestowed upon our son." His father said after zoning back from whatever world he was visiting. 

"Alpha, I shall pledge my loyalty to you!" His brother suddenly stood up and banged his hands on the table, almost demandingly? Should I be offended by this?

"O-Okay, I appreciate it," I said. I could hear Nicolas snickering in the back of my mind. Suddenly, I could feel hands gripping mine and a brown pair of eyes staring at me. A little too close. 

"Alpha, allow me to protect you with my life. I, Kayne Wright Starr, shall follow you like a shadow, so no harm can come close to you." Although I was quite flattered by his confession, I was-  Alex's growl could be heard from beside me.  Oh no. 

"The Alpha already has someone 'capable' by his side. You are not needed. Kindly back off." He growled and barked out. I moved away from Kayne and gave Alex a quick glare. 'We are not trying to make enemies out of my mate's family. It's important to behave here.' I said to him through our link.

They both backed off, but it is kind of awkward between everyone. My mate came to the rescue by asking his mother if she needs any help with preparing lunch since my parents will be here shortly. 

She got out of her dazed expression and gasped out loud while clutching her hand to her chest.

"Why didn't you inform me that the Alpha and Luna will be joining us?" She yelled at him and I could see her hand itching to slap him across the head, while Karter looked at her sheepishly. She dragged him to the kitchen while he gave a 'save me' look. I smiled at him and waved my hand gesturing bye. 

Everyone sat in awkward silence for what seemed like hours. Karter's father was looking at Kayne disapprovingly while he and my Beta glared at each other. He finally sighed and introduced himself. 

"Nice to meet you, Alpha. My name is John Steven Starr and I'm so honored to have you in my home". 

"The pleasure is mine, Sir," I replied. "I invited my parents without your permission, I hope that's not a bother".  I said.