Chapter 47

Chapter dedicate to A-R-Barbara. Continue to vote and comment, we love to read them!

(Phew, this chapter has been sitting in the drafts for two days cause I forgot to post, sorry about that)

Warning: Medical inaccuracies (Because I'm still in school and it's fantasy...duh)

--------------- 

Today, Ivan is finally coming home. 

Karter woke up early to set up everything for his mate. He knew he would want to take a shower and sit in his office for a while, so he prepared his clothes, and organized everything in the office. His workaholic mate can't be reasoned with, that much was apparent from the looks of things. He was nervous, very nervous. Ivan was not going to like what Karter has been doing, running around fighting everyone. Alex and Killian were on edge as well, and for good reason as well. 

The alarm went off and he got ready to bring his mate back home. He mind-linked everyone and they gave confirmation that everything was ready. He wanted to have some happy moments before he dropped the bombshell on the Alpha. He sighed nervously and put on a smile. He left the mansion and walked to the hospital. There he saw Ivan sitting up to try and shift. The doctors were already in case something went wrong. Karter greeted his mate with a kiss on his furry face and smiled.

'Ready?' He asked and ran his hand through his head to soothe him. Ivan snorted and rolled his eyes with a funny smile on his face.

'No papa, walk me through it.' Karter laughed and shook his head at his ridiculous remark. He then flicked him between his eyes and Ivan let out a mock growl. All of them watched anxiously as he started to shift. He was wincing after a minute or so, but everyone gasped when he fully shifted to his man's body. The Omega's eyes watered but he refused to let the tears fall, today was a happy day, and that's it. There were big and small scars that littered Ivan's body, he also seemed to have lost some of his muscles as he was bedridden for a while. The Alpha looked up at Karter and he kissed his forehead with a whispered good job. 

"I love you so much." The Omega whispered in his ear, hugged his head, and sighed in relief. Ivan could feel Karter's emotions through their bond and all he could sense was adoration, happiness, and love for him. The Alpha smiled a kissed his mate's arm that was holding him.

"I love.. you more." Ivan's coarse voice filled Karter's ears and he would've cried right there if it wasn't for his resolution of 'no tears today'. Karter let go of him after a moment and encouraged him to stand up after he got him a glass of water. Ivan got up with Karter supporting him by his side and when he saw that he could stand fine, he slowly started to let go. Ivan smiled to himself and lifted his foot. He took a step but immediately stumbled back from pain. 

"Shit!" He shouted and held his leg which was throbbing in intense pain. Karter gasped and the doctor swarmed the Alpha to take a look. Dorothy instantly ordered an X-ray and started the preparations. Karter came to sit beside Ivan and rubbed his back. An assistant doctor brought a gown to Ivan for the X-ray and Karter helped him into it. They also gave him shorts and a black t-shirt for later. They ran the X-ray and went in to discuss the results; Karter stayed with Ivan to comfort him. He knew how small his mate was feeling as if he couldn't even walk on his own.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sure you'll be better in no time, darling." The Omega held his hand and rested his head on his shoulder. Karter took in his mate's comforting scent (Ew, he hasn't showered....) and comforted him. Ivan frowned at his inability to do this mundane thing, but he knew he needed time to heal completely. He put his head on top of his mate's and nodded. They waited until the doctors came in. The Luna stood up and looked at them expectantly.