Chapter 58

Dedicated to loisanna for the tons of votes! Love ya boo. (Also, I see the others too, love you!!)

(Picture of Eru. I made it from Artbreeder so it's not perfect, but that's all we got with this budget.)

Uriel was tired after constantly staring at the computer screen. He was in charge of trying to communicate with the packs and giving them instructions on how they could be of use. This took too much of his time nowadays, which made him very cranky and irritated. Others knew not to get on his nerves when he was overworked, but it looked like that wasn't the case for Mica, a new enforcer they had taken in. She was an Alpha which meant she liked to throw her weight around. Despite being only 23, she could already defeat other, more experienced Alphas, that made her even more insufferable.

Uriel gave her an icy stare as she sat across from him, as if she owned the place. It was infamous in he pack that he despised having people in his space, and the way she was behaving pissed him off.

"Can I know why I am here, Luna Uriel? Also, while I'm here, have you decided on my offer yet?" She asked in a flirty tone, and her dark skin glimmered under the light from the window.

What made him hate her even more was the widely known fact that she had a 'crush' on him. He didn't believe her. Not one bit. There was no way she liked him when he had been nothing but professional with her, never speaking more than what was required. He was aware that he was beautiful and alluring; he had heard it too many times now, but he knew she 'liked' him because he was unattainable. She was competitive and liked proving everyone wrong, so when she asked Uriel out on a date, he rejected her in front of everyone to discourage any other advances. It didn't work. Now, she made a point to flirt with him whenever he was near.

Cruxius found it amusing that she thought Uriel would ever agree to be with her, so he didn't discourage her. While he was happy that his master had that much trust in him, a little voice far between his thoughts always murmured,

What if he just doesn't care?

He knew not to listen to that voice, as he was confident that if he wanted Mica dead, Cruxius wouldn't hesitate to kill her for him. With that assurance in his mind, he focused on the current issue.

"The fuck do you mean, why are you here? There are complaints from the maids that you are challenging and fighting people inside the mansion." He spat in one breath and narrowed his eyes to slits, frustrated that he even had to address that. "And I'm not the Luna of this pack. The next time I have to correct you, you will be on the fuckin' stakeout missions." He spoke it in a steady voice. He hadn't been known for cursing, so it was always a surprise when he did.

She sat up straight from the threat. The stakeout missions were boring and long, so she would do anything to avoid them. But at the same time, her heartbeat rose, and she gulped in excitement at getting a reaction out of the stone-cold Omega she desperately wished was hers. 

She had fallen in love with him the moment she saw him. An Omega who looked like an angel but had the personality of the devil? She was instantly mesmerized.

"I apologize, sir. I wasn't aware I was making a commotion. I will take those challenges on the training grounds next time, if that'll make you happy." She said, staring at his face, as she always did to carve it in her thoughts. She knew she had an unhealthy obsession with him. But she also knew, they were of the same kind, so in her mind, they had an understanding. They were both obsessed with people who didn't feel the same way. And while it killed them slowly, it was impossible to stop it either.

"You better. Although your actions have no effect on my emotions, they will on others; so do it for them." He jerked his hand at the door as his phone rang with an unknown number. Mica stood at the dismissal and stared at him for a beat. He was beautiful, but not like a precious gemstone or a flower. But like an etheral being who was impossible to touch. Her eyes filled with wonder at the  beautiful creation moon goddess had blessed her with. At least she can look at him.