Chapter 16

Narrator's POV

"My name is Obelius, son of the Moon Goddess. This is my second visit to this planet. Our species will face difficulties sooner. Wolves will be misdirected and manipulated. Strong and promising forces will emerge and cause great destruction. The Alpha and Luna of this pack are meant to lead this pack to success and great achievement. Trust your leaders and differentiate between your enemies and companions. Farewell, brothers and sisters."

Every word felt like a dagger to the new Luna. Karter struggled to comprehend such heavy and groundbreaking information uncovered by Joanne. The woman wasted no time to reveal the piece of paper she had clutched tightly in her hand after she ignored the looks on everyone's face after she said that Karter was the son of the Moon Goddess herself. 

Silence.

No one dared to speak any further. Joanne looked relieved though.

Silence.

Arthur's and Ronald's faces were stunned and their eyes wide open with shock. 

Silence.

William and Lucas looked at each other with disbelief and concern. The Elders mirrored the expressions because this was probably the most unbelievable claim they have heard. 

Silence.

Alex had his mouth wide open as they shifted his eyes from Joanne to Karter to Ivan and vise versa.

Silence.

Karter's face was stoic, his mind didn't dare to process such implausible information. Ivan was the only one who showed complete concern and worries for his poor mate. Alpha Ivan looked at his mate and noticed he was a second away from breaking down. He could feel the overwhelming emotion through the bond and wished the universe will give Karter a break from this madness. Too much had happened today. Too much. 

Silence.

Karter repeated the words he supposedly said a few hours ago. This is just...

"This is not true!" The Omega finally shouted. "There must be a mistake!" Karter desperately said, pleadingly looking at Ivan's parents to Joanne. "You are mistaken." He said to the woman.

"I'm not mistaken," Joanne exclaimed with a sympathetic expression on her face. "I have studied Greek all of my life and this was easy to translate." 

"No." Karter looked down at his hands his eyes stinging. "I'm not.. that." Tears fell on his tightly clasped hands which soon started to shake from the intense shock. Everyone felt sympathetic towards him, while Karter was being crushed under the immense pressure of not only leading the pack but guiding the whole werewolf species. Ivan felt hopeless in this situation and wanted to free his mate of this great responsibility, but he could do little. Karter started to sob and 
Ivan felt a tremendous amount of fear and sorrow from his mate and knew he has to do something. 

While this was taking place, everyone came out of the shock and felt the need to get their opinion out as soon as possible. 

"This is absurd!" Ronald's bitchass shouted. "This can't be happening! This much power for an Omega? They are weak and can do nothing without help! We need to look for a way to transfer this power!" He exclaimed.

"Are you out of your mind? You want to reject the Goddess and punish the whole species? I knew you were stupid but you are totally insane!" William replied while glaring at the Elder who honestly didn't deserve his position. 

"I agree with Luna William, this is a great discovery and opportunity for us to-" Arthur said calmly. 

"Stop right there!" Ivan cut off Arthur and everyone was shocked by the sheer dominance and authority emitted by the Alpha.