Chapter 8

Karter

I looked up at the sky, putting my hand over my eyes to block the bright rays coming from the sun. I could feel the sharp and wet grass under my other hand. I looked around and found myself in nowhere. All I could see was land with bright glossy green grass.

Sensing someone behind my back and I turned my head and saw my beautiful mate in his glory. He was shining brightly as his love-filled eyes connected to mine. Ivan walked in front of me and kelt on his knees, his hand extended forward to push back the hair on my forehead. He pressed a kiss there and then on my whole face. 

He pecked my lips and caressed my cheek while his other hand pushed me back, so I was lying on the ground. My mate's hand went to brush on my inner thigh, and I sigh of content left my mouth. He continued to kiss my neck as his hand never stopped rubbing my leg. I closed my eyes and decided to enjoy his careful touches on my skin.

"Ivan." I moaned as he gently breathed on my skin.

"Karter." He whispered in my ear, resulting in a shiver to run down my spine. "Wake up, love." Wake up? But I'm not sleeping. I just had my eyes closed...

Suddenly bright light glared at me, and I blinked my eyes to get used to it.

"I made you breakfast, sleepyhead." My mate's voice boomed in my ear, and then I realized I was dreaming. It made me blush furiously after I was able to grasp that what was happening in my dream is taking place in real. I abruptly sat up and struggled to cover my whole lower body with the massive shirt of my gorgeous mate.

Ivan was glowing like in my dream, and it was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. My eyes shyly met his, and I saw them filled with mischievousness.

"W-what?" I managed to say, and he smirked at me.

"I was waking you up." He playfully said and started walking towards the other side of the room. There was breakfast on the table on the other side of the room. Is someone joining us for breakfast, and who the heck made it?

"You made all of this?" I asked in amusement. I could see rice porridge, fruits, waffles, eggs, and bacon.

"Nope, Sophia, my housekeeper helped me." He ran his fingers in my hair and slowly massaged my scalp. I closed my head and thought If I were in my wolf form, I would've purr so embarrassingly loud. "You don't like it?" I heard my mate's voice, laced in nervousness.

"Of course, I do! But you didn't have to make this much."

"Bullshit. Of course, I had to." My mate sat down and prepared his plate, so I started to do the same since I'm STARVING! I think my feelings matched my action because Ivan told me to slow down, which cause me to blush and mutter a 'sorry.'

I shyly asked my Alpha if we can join my parents for lunch because my mum is going to kill me if I don't formally introduce Ivan to them.

"Of course, babe, why not? Did you tell them who's your mate?" He asked, putting down his food and giving me all of his attention. His question resulted in panic to bubble in me. I didn't tell my parents because I wanted to see their faces when they know who mate is. But maybe Ivan intends to tell them so they can prepare for the arrival of the Alpha of the pack.

"No... I wanted to surprise them. Is that okay?" I cautiously asked, afraid that I'll somehow displease my mate. He furrowed his eyebrow as his face covered with....concern?

"It's totally fine." His words left me in relief, so I began eating again.

-------

We finished eating, so I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and came back to take my clothes from yesterday. No matter how much I love wearing Ivan's clothes, feeling content, and protected because of his scent surrounding me, I'll, unfortunately, have to take them off.