Chapter 24

I got my covid vaccine yesterday and the side effects were brutal! I'm still healing from it and that is why the update was serval hours late. Enjoy!

"You can move back to your room but please stay in your gown." Dorothy said distractedly as her eyes kept glancing towards the images. She was not a radiologist but it was certain that something caught her eyes. The other two doctors also had their gazes trained on the X-rays with attentive eyes. Ivan nodded and assisted Karter in moving back to their room. They waited in the room for a while before someone stepped inside. 

It was Alexander.

"Hiya!" He greeted in a joyous voice. He was pushing a food cart which was a strange sight, to say the least. "Brought you food." The cart stopped in front of the two wolves.

"Where did you get these from?" Ivan stood up and stepped closer to Alex. He patted his back and check on the appetizing meal.

"Someone was bringing it here, I volunteered." Alex said and sat beside Karter who muttered a 'Hello' under his breath. "How are ya holding up?" The Beta asked as he lightly squeezed Karter's shoulder.

"Good. The doctors are nice and look very knowledgeable." Karter simply answered with a small smile on his face. His gaze went to the food as his mouth water.

Ivan, sensing his mate's hunger for the food, walked towards the smart bed and proceeded to extend the table.

"Oh, he can't have the food." Alex said when he noticed the actions of his Alpha. "The nurse said they'll do more tests so no food for Karter." Karter bit back a quiet gasp as his wide eyes went to the Beta. Ivan also looked bewildered as his hands itched to smack a certain Beta. Ivan did what he wanted to do and smacked the back of Alex's head which made the other wince and glare at his best friend.

"What did I do?"Alex ruffled his hair as his heated gaze stayed on the Alpha. Ivan's eyes went to his pouting mate as his heart crushed as the sight. "She said he can eat some crackers if he's super hungry." Alex noticed Karter's dejected face. Karter grabbed the tasteless crackers with his bottom lip stuck out.

"I'll eat when you are allowed to." Ivan revealed and closed the lids of the warm food.

"Absolutely not." Karter's head snapped up. "I'm not that hungry anyway." The boy lied through his teeth.

"Yeah right." Ivan scoffed. "You didn't much at breakfast due to the nerves." He disclosed and pushed the cart away.

"Really, Van. Eat or I'll feel bad." Karter whined as his hands gingerly pushed Ivan when he tried to sit beside him. "Go eat." The Omega tried again with some more density in his voice. Alex crackled beside Karter, looking at his troubled Alpha.

"Baby.."

"Nope." Karter turned his head away and bit into the god forbidden dry ass crackers.

Alex deliberately helped Ivan eat the delicious food while Karter kept his eyes away from the two. He shushed his growling stomach and tried to think of something else. A great idea in his mind, the boy called his mother and William. He informed them of his day and what had happened so far. The two called in the morning and asked the couple to keep them updated as they couldn't assist them. After the food was eaten, someone came and took the cart away.

"I'll take my leave." Alex sighed as he stood up from the sofa.

"Did you just came here to eat?" Ivan raised his eyebrow a the Beta who gave them an innocent look.

"No, I came here to check on you two. Seeing that you are doing well, I have to go back to work now." The three were laughing and making jokes together since the Beta had a very comfortable and cheerful air around him. "The food was great though." He commented and patted Ivan on his back and ruffled Karter's hair before bidding them goodbye.