Chapter 30

This chapter is dedicated to @Tania9098 for commenting so much! Love you!

It's been a while.... hope you all had a great Christmas and new year..... nothing more to say, ENJOY!

"Has he tried to talk again?" Ivan asked.

The pair was currently lounging in their bed, limbs tangled and scents mingling. Ivan returned an hour ago, conversed with Karter's family before they also left them to rest. The Alpha informed Karter about what Chester's told them so far. He told him that he visited the wolf twice but couldn't get much information the second time. It had worried Karter a little but at this point, the boy was used to such shocking details.

In return, Karter told Ivan of Obelius's situation. He surprised Ivan after he revealed that he can easily talk to the additional presence in him. He explained that he didn't attempt to contact him since he felt uneasy and weirded out about Obelius. Ivan got to learn that Karter was scared of accepting that he was, in fact, the son of their Moon Goddess. At first, his body changes drastically, now he has to deal with direct contact with a godly wolf. Ivan was supportive of Karter's decision of waiting before he took a step forward. He was glad that he is with his mate to share the burden.

"No." Karter answered his question. "I didn't block him out but he knew that I didn't want to talk yet."

"Do you want to try talking to him?" Ivan asked as his thumb was drawing circles on Karter's hip.

"Maybe." Karter's cheek was pressed on Ivan's chest as his arms were wrapped around his waist tightly. "Should I do it now?" He asked and looked up at Ivan.

"Sure." Ivan separated and sat crisscrossed, away from Karter.

Karter copied the position and slumped his shoulders. He tried to relax, steadying his breathing. After stealing a glance towards Ivan's direction, he closed his eyes and reached for a wolf.

'You are really gonna do it?' Instead of Obelius, Karter got a hold of Percy.

'Yeah... you with me?' he remembered how scared and hesitant Percy was whenever Oebelius was involved. He understands him now. That prominent and heavyweight in his consciousness is freighting.

'Always.' Percy answered without any hesitance. 'I- I'm sorry about before.'

'It's okay Percival, I understand.' Karter replied with a hint of amusement.

'That is not my name!' Percy furiously said, suggesting annoyance in his tone. 'Let's do it together?' The wolf sounded after he made up his mind, this time the task was not as dreadful. 'Reach to him as we do it normally. It might be easier this time.' Karter carefully listened and tuned out his surroundings completely.

Karter moved closer to that space in his mind, it was familiar but foreign at the same time. He intertwined his consciousness with Percy and fully embraced Obelius's presence.

On the other hand, Ivan has been patiently watching Karter for the last 5 minutes. The Omega had his eyes closed and his form stilled. Suddenly, Karter furrowed his borrowed and griped the bedsheet under his fingers. His face became pinched and the Alpha felt a hint of panic through their link before it faded away with his intense expressions. Karter's body became lax and his face looked like he was concentrating on something.

Ivan knew it would take some time and fortunately, it was a patient wolf.

'Hello again.' If Karter was told to explain Obelius' voice, he would describe it as calm. The Omega felt a weird sense of peace washing over him which was putting his instincts at guard. Even though he was scared of finally making Obelius a reality, he was determined to accept his fate.