Chapter 57

Dedicated to @1-800-letmecry for commenting lots!! We love those!!

Cruxius awoke from a fitful sleep, his body weighed down by a sense of restlessness and exhaustion. Hastily sitting up, he rubbed his eyes to adjust to the intrusive light streaming through the open blinds he had forgotten to close the night before. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he reached for a small button on his nightstand, a hidden device designed to summon someone for errands. However, it was well known that only one person, his devoted servant, Lamia Uriel Raiziel, had the privilege to enter his private quarters.

As anticipated, Uriel responded promptly to the summons, knocking and entering with a warm smile adorning his face. Clad in a pristine white Victorian shirt—minus the ruffles—and neatly tucked high-waisted pants, Uriel exuded an air of elegance. A pink floral pin secured half of his hair at the back, and two artfully curled strands framed his countenance. His dazzling smile drew attention to lips that seemed to beg for a more intimate encounter.

Intriguingly, Uriel held a sealed wine bottle and a glass, which surprised Cruxius. As Uriel approached the bed, Cruxius seized the moment, pulling the Omega into his lap, eliciting a startled response and an arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"Master!?" Uriel gasped, cheeks flushed, attempting to conceal his embarrassment. He looked into his abyss eyes and muttered, "You called?"

"Yes. I did, but I don't recall instructing you to bring these with you," Cruxius remarked, taking the bottle and glass before placing them on the nightstand. Uriel examined the items he brought with himself; his assumptions now embarrassing him.

"I'm sorry. I thought you might need them. Umm, you looked tired yesterday. Did I make a mis—" Uriel began explaining, but Cruxius silenced him with a kiss that left the Omega momentarily breathless. Cruxious' hand automatically latched onto his slender throat and squeezed out moans that the Omega was desperately trying to conceal. He instantly melted into the kiss as he devoured his mouth. 

As they parted, Uriel's eyes betrayed him, looking at his Alpha longingly, but Cruxius only smirked, urging him to sit on the bed. As he got up to take the wine, Uriel moved with a haste that amused Cruxius, who couldn't resist a chuckle at the Omega. He never allowed the Alpha to do such menial tasks in his presence. As Uriel poured the dark liquid that hardly resembled wine, his curiosity led him to glance at his master as he handed him the drink.

"Are you curious?" Cruxius inquired, taking a gulp of the mysterious liquid.

"I am, master. I'm curious about everything you do." Uriel replied with a smile, tucking a strand of his pale blonde hair behind his ear.

"Of course you are." Cruxius laughed, reminiscing about the time he started drinking this peculiar wine. "I think it was around the time you found me. I was in immense pain, vulnerable, and...pathetic?" he mused uncertainly. Uriel covered his mouth in horror, quick to deny such characterization.

"You could never be pathetic, master! You and that word can never exist in the same sentence. Please, don't say that." Uriel pleaded earnestly, and Cruxius nodded in agreement.

"You are right; I was never pathetic. I'm glad you know me so well, Snow." Cruxius reassured him, gently stroking the locks on Uriel's head.

"Anyway, at that time, I could have done anything to get rid of the pain. I drank potent wines—any alcohol I could find, really. While I was coming back from a tavern, I came across this strange old man drinking this wine outside his house, and when I knew what it was, I wanted—no need to have it." Cruxius continued, sharing the origin of the mysterious potion.

"Well, he fought fiercely to protect his wife's secret potion." Cruxius reminisced, a distant look in his eyes as if transported back to that fateful encounter. "He refused to part with the recipe, defending it with every ounce of strength left in his battered body. But you know, I had no choice but to... persuade them."