Chapter 44

This chapter is dedicated to MwendaMarz. Keep em comments coming.🥰

(A/N: Obelious in all his glory. It has nothing to do with the chapter, I'm just adding it for reference.)

'I'm in so much pain. Have I ever experienced such intense agony before? Every bone in my body feels broken, every muscle torn and every breath ragged. I don't even know which part of my body hurts or doesn't hurt. I can feel Karter going crazy, his feelings of hurt, and rage crashing into me like waves. The last thing I remember is fighting some wolves who attacked us out of nowhere, all I could think was to get Karter to a safer place. I don't know...what ..happened..... and I- '  

Ivan's thoughts were all over the place. But before he could finish his racing thoughts, he lost consciousness. He blacked out from the unbearable pain he felt.  The next time he 'woke up', he could feel that he was in the hospital, several wires and tubes invaded his body. He couldn't open his eyes or make any noise that would let others know of his consciousness. He found no strength in his body to even let out a small whimper of pain. 

All he could remember was hearing a lot of screams, and crying. He could make out the mixed voices of his mate, dad, and papa. He wanted to let them know not to cry but he couldn't control his body and that pissed him off. But what could he even do than lose consciousness again? 

He didn't wake up after that for a long time, but when he did, it was no better than the last several times. So he decided to think about how he could make sense of why it happened to them. He had as many enemies as was normal for Alphas of his standing. He received no threats from anyone in the past few months that indicated this attack. Hell, he hasn't pissed off anyone in the past 6 months. What the fuck did anyone want from him.

He was doing the only thing he could do at the moment, which was to think when he suddenly heard the voices of nurses and doctors enter the room. They were saying something about a duel in the pack, and he heard Karter's name come up. What was my pretty mate doing? Was he crying? He thought. His chest tightened with so much pain at the thought of his mate sobbing and crying without him there to comfort him. He missed his beautiful little Omega so much that he could hear his heart breaking without him by his side. 

Suddenly he heard a door open and the scent of his mate invaded his senses. His heart picked up and his breathing went uneven. He could hear his mate's footsteps but couldn't move. He felt Karter take his paw in his hand and kiss it, which sent tingles down his back. He was talking about finding something and how happy he was. The Alpha felt his mate whisper 'I love you' in his ear and suddenly felt the small body leaving. He tried his best to get up or even open his eyes to see his face for the longest time ever. 

The doctors shuffled around as they saw their Alpha making groaning noises and trying to move his paws. Then finally, as if his body finally listened to his pleas and granted him a favor, he started to open his eyes. The bright flashes of light assaulted his eyes and he quickly blinked and closed them. He tried it again and saw that the lights have dimmed. Probably because the doctors saw his struggle and wanted to make everything easier for him somehow. 

"The patient is gaining consciousness!" Dorothy said with a huffed voice. 

"Thank Goddess!" The other doctors shouted and started doing their work, messing with the stuff on his body. 

"Quickly, call Luna William and Alpha Lucas." Dorothy ordered an intern and the young boy ran out of the room. 

"Alpha, are you awake? If you are, try to move your eyes." The older wolf instructed Ivan and started flashing a flashlight in his eyes to see if he was reacting. After confirming that he was, she breathed a sigh of relief and smiled at the Alpha wolf. She ran a hand through his fur and soothed him as she knew it was very confusing for him to wake up after a long time. "Your parents are dying to see you." She said and Ivan let out a pained whimper at their mention.