Chapter 15

Karter's POV

All along as I watched Ivan grip Ronald's collar and forced him to submit, I just stood there. I watched him argue with his father and challenge him to a fight, and I did nothing. These powerful, and wise people were fighting because of me. A dreadful feeling brew up in me and my hands shook tremendously. 

"Let's take this outside!" Ivan growled and took off his shirt, indicating that he wants to fights. I tried to step forward to stop him, to pursue him to back off but my body jerked back as his father tore his shirt off. 

Two dominant Alphas were going to fight, injure each other until one submits. This is not an ideal place for an Omega to be. I watched William with amazement and admiration as he was trying to prevent the situation from going worse but his attempts were not going to prevail.

'I-Ivan?' I tried to mind-link him but all I felt was anger and the desire to show dominance. 

'Alex?' I tried my hardest to communicate with the Beta, who was looking at the Alphas with concern and also amusement. 'Alex!' I tried harder this time.

'Oh hey.' He looked at me from across the room.

'Stop them please.' I whimper and his face went soft.

'He'll be fine.' He tried to assure me. 'There is nothing I can do, kid. I'll have my head chopped off if I try to interrupt their fight.' Well, that made sense but it didn't help me feel any better. 'It's been a while since I saw their duel. I kinda wanna see it.' I looked at him like he grew another head and glared at him.

Both of them were headed somewhere and I quickly moved my feet after seeing William rush after them. I heard Alex whistle as he followed us and my mind couldn't comprehend why was he not taking it seriously. As they stopped walking, we ended up at the back of the mansion where there was a small field. Both Alphas were standing with their bodies stiff and serious. 

Even though I couldn't see it, I felt Ivan's hesitation and slight fear through the bond. But I also felt pride and the determination to show that he's The Alpha. 

"Ivan." I tried with all I had left to stop them but all that came out was a pathetic whimper. William heard me though, and as he noticed my scared expression, he rushed to me and gripped my arms.

"Hey, it's nothing to worry over. Why don't you go inside while they sort this out." He gently said and the thought of leaving my mate while he was probably gonna get hurt made me disagree.

"I don't want to leave them." I tried to say firmly. "Can't we stop them?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not, love. Ivan challenged his father and there is no way any one of them will back down." William sympathetically said.

"But they are going to get hurt." I argued.

"Why don't you go inside with Alex, hm?" He again softly said and brought his hand to caress my cheek. "Alex?" He got the attention of Alex who looked way more excited than before. "Take Karter inside."

"What? But it's gonna start and I wanna see." He whined as he walked toward us. He noticed my glare and swung his arm around my shoulder. "There are not many chances where I can see a fight quite like this." 

"Well, take him inside." William's attention was directed to the sound of bone cracking and as we looked behind him, two wolves were standing on the place my mate and his father were. Their color was identical, jet black with many scares. Alpha Lucas's wolf was just a bit bigger than Ivan's wolf form.

Ivan crouched down and growled loudly at the other one. As I looked at Lucas, his posture was stiff straight and his head was held proudly. He almost looked uninterested in my mate's action and started to circle Ivan with loud steps.