Chapter 49

Bitchycookies: So sorry this chapter took such a long time, I was very unmotivated. The next chapter is already halfway done so it will only take another few days to be updated. Enjoy!

Far in the woods, there was a sandy brown, average-height wolf running to save her life from whoever wanted it for themselves. Panic filled her red eyes as she desperately ran to leave their line of sight but to no avail. They were bigger, stronger, and faster than her, which made her already fuzzy brain ache with distress. There was less oxygen in her lungs, too much water in her eyes, and legs that were slowing her down, but she didn't realize any of this until they were right behind her tail. Even with her feral brain overworking, she knew she was in danger and had to get away. She didn't know these wolves, they came out of nowhere and killed every wolf in sight, and now they were chasing her. But she just ran....until she couldn't anymore. 

----------------------

Karter opened his tired eyes and glanced over the door again. No Ivan. When was he coming home? Did he even care that he spent the entire night waiting for him? That selfish jerk. With an angry huff, the Omega got up from the couch where he laid the night before with a blanket, trying to stay awake for his mate. But that had been too nice of him, he should have just gone to sleep. But....who was he even kidding? He couldn't fall asleep without Ivan by his side, fighting or not. With an angry huff, he peeled off the blanket from his body and went to shower. That would clear his mind, hopefully. After the shower, he came out and bit back a gasp at the sight of Ivan sitting on the bed with his head down and hands clasped together. He looked up from his spot on the bed when the shower closed and stood.

"We need to talk." He said with a frown on his face. He could feel that Karter was not one bit amused by his disappearance last night. He wasn't either but that was the only option he could think of. Karter wrapped a towel around his waist and glared at the Alpha while he walked into his closet, completely ignoring him. Ivan was left speechless, as he had expected his mate to scream or even cry at the stunt he pulled, but the silence was unusual. 

By the time he got himself together and functioning, Karter was fully dressed and walking towards the dirty laundry hamper to get rid of the clothes he took off. He walked to his mate and grabbed his arm gently to get his attention, but Karter was having none of it. He shook off his hand with a jerk and gave him a glare again. After seeing Ivan's bewildered face, he made his way to the kitchen. It was quite early in the morning so Sofia was nowhere to be seen. Good. 

He got out the pans and ingredients to make himself an omelet, the only edible thing he could make from all the cooking he had been doing. He hadn't even broken any eggs when Ivan spun him around and kissed his lips so hard, he let out a gasp of surprise. The kiss was angry, desperate, and sad all at once, and Karter gave in for just over a second, kissing him back, but suddenly remembered why he couldn't. He shoved his mate back and looked at him with fiery eyes that would cuss him out when he took one step. 

"No! You don't get to do that! Not now, or until I'm done with you." He shouted with a red, angry face that made Ivan question everything he was about to say. 

"Listen I-" Ivan started with a gentle voice but was quickly shut down.

"You left me! You left me alone in the middle of your office!? Now you can't even stand to be around me? Is that it? I see that's all I matter to you. The moment we face some problem, you up and leave without even looking back." He said with as much contempt in his voice as possible, which was not much since he was exhausted- both physically and mentally. 

"You know that's not true, let me explain! Please!" He begged but Karter was really angry. 

Ivan went and threw Karter on his shoulders like a sack of potatoes. He struggled to get out, thrashing his legs and hitting the Alpha on his back. Sighing Ivan wrapped his bulky arm around his ass to stop his vain attempts. He brought him back to the bed and threw him on and didn't waste a second and pinned him to the bed. Sitting on Karter's thighs, most of his weight supported by his own knees, he gave Karter a serious look.