Chapter 1

Part I

(Follow him on Instagram @tiagocarreira_  and his photography account @downfocus). 

Ivan

Who....who am I? My thoughts broke through my deep slumber as I start to wake up. Oh..yeah...my pack....they need me. Reminding myself that I am the Alpha of the Black Stone pack, Ivan Nicholas Black, I blinked my eyes at the digital clock that screamed 7:00 am at the side table of my massive room. It was mostly empty and lifeless, waiting for my second half to come and fill it up. My mate....9 years of waiting is enough to drive a big, strong wolf crazy...but I'm strong...no I have to be strong.. for my pack, the only thing that has kept me sane all this time.

 My pack has been the center of my attention for the last 9 years, is it my love for them? Compassion? Authority? Who am I kidding, I worked this hard so I could ignore the pain of not finding my mate, day or night didn't matter to me as I looked at the paperwork like they were my life source. Stop...I have to stop doing that...being negative will only bring my downfall. Thanks to my hard work, my pack is prospering. I have achieved everything, my parents are happily retired, my pack is proud of me, and I am respected and feared as a leader, what else? But none of these things matter until I find my mate.

My alarm clock chimed 7:15 at me, waking me up from my thoughts. Why do I even own this crap when I'm completely capable of waking up on my own?  Ah right, my papa's idea. A horrible one at that. I sat up and looked for my slippers. I have a habit of making my own bed, so after doing so, I went to the bathroom attached to the room. I entered the bathroom to look at the luxury which, to me, was not the thing I desire. Walking to the mirror in the bathroom, I looked at myself. I could literally see the dark gloominess around me which was there since my hopes of finding my mate were fading. Not wasting a second, I stepped into the shower after removing the underwear I was wearing. I turned on the shower and started to wash my body. Every day, I crave to have a body press against mine under this shower. Maybe have a lovemaking session with my beautiful mate. These are the things I think about every day, every second. 

A pack Alpha wolf can only wait a few years for its mate, otherwise, they become sorrowful and depressed. Some people say that if a pack Alpha is without their mate for long, it means the other half is either dead or a rogue. 

Sometimes I curse being the pack Alpha.

I want my mate......

"Alpha!" My Beta's voice cut me off from my thoughts as I opened my eyes, water still running down my body. Looks like I have been standing under the shower for some time now since the water has turned cold. Right... I have work to do.

I finished my shower, wrapped the towel around my waist, and went outside to open the door. I saw my Beta standing there with a cheerful expression like he just found his mate. There we go, talking about mates again.  

"Alexander, stop smiling and tell me my schedule for today," I said with a poker face. 

"Alpha, I think you should put on some clothes, or otherwise everyone will be gawking their eyes at you," He said with an amused smile.

"Shut up idiot, it's not like I'll go to the office in a towel. Unlike you, I have standards, XanXan." I barked and mocked him with that name he hates so much, as I went to my closet for a change of clothes. 

"Woah! calm down, Ivan. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed again?" I glared at him, telling him to shut up.

Don't get me wrong, it's our usual banter we do every day. Alexander is my childhood best friend and is like a brother to me. I don't know what I would've become if he wasn't by my side. We used to play all day and my Dad would train and take us for our fighting sessions. We were always together, we fought a lot but made up in an hour or so. We were very close...