Chapter 22

I need your help! 

As some of you might know, I started writing this story a year ago and just recently started to post it here. There were some details and information that I planned to write before I was done with the final editing. I usually wrote them in a bracket() for example, (fill this) or (His Scent), so I can add this later. I'm almost sure that there were a few brackets that I didn't correct so if you have noticed something like that, please inform me. I'll really appreciate it.

Mating ceremony

"Are you ready son?" Lucas asked Ivan, watching him as he paced in front of his mansion. There was a huge crowd with them, laughing and cheering their Alpha. 

1st ritual: The Luna of the pack will be taken away by the ex-Luna and be hidden away in a place only he/she knows. The pack Alpha has an hour to find his mate without any kind of link between them. The Alpha can only use his sense of smell and hearing to complete his task. The 2nd ritual can only continue until after this.

"Let's do it." His dad slap his back and then came Alexander who lightly pushed him when tons of confetti crackers exploded, indicating that his time started. "His scent isn't masked right?" Ivan stopped walking and looked back at his father.

--------

"What's that, papa?" Karter innocently asked.

"Just some weeds, love." William said as he rubbed a couple of greens on his arms and neck. Alex and Lucas snicker behind them which made Karter suspicious.

"Did you mask my scent?!" Karter said with panic in his voice when he couldn't smell himself. "Ivan can't find me this way!" Karter tried to back away but the damage has been done.

"It's gonna be so fun." Alex said and William nodded in agreement.

-------

"Um... you have to ask your papa." Lucas quickly turned away with a smirk.

"You fucking did." Ivan mutter and tsk. 

"Everyone else, head to "The Field". If your Alpha can't find his mate in time, then the after-party will start immediately." Alex shouted and directed the crowd with the help of his men. "Wish him luck so he won't lose his dignity." The wolves who heard him shouted 'best of luck' loudly as they watched Ivan's last bit of figure as he moved further in the opposite direction. 

'Fuck, he could be anywhere.' Ivan thought as the least bit of the pack exited their houses and smiled encouragingly at him. Ivan closed his eyes and raised his nose but quickly stopped when the overwhelming scents of everyone made his head hurt. 

'That's cheating. I can't smell him at all.' Ivan whined to Nicholas.

'You are just weak, human.' Nicholas yawned. 

'That means we are weak, dumbass.' Ivan snapped back as his eyes roamed everywhere to get something... anything.

'That is not true in the slightest. If I was in control, it wouldn't take a minute to find our mate.'  The wolf replied with strong confidence. 

'So be in control.' 

'Of course, I have to be in control so you won't embarrass us.' Nicholas huffed as he rolled his eyes.

'Stop suggesting that I'm weak... I can surely find him without your help.' Nicholas' tone was annoying Ivan but that was the usual banter between them 

'Did you not just ask me to be in control because you know your weak human nose can't do shit, Ivan?' 

'I- I admit I was doubting myself but I can do it alone.' Ivan stuttered.