54. The little things

A/N

Hello everyone!

Happy new year everyone! Though late, but still a new year...

Here's the next update! I won't bore you already with the author's note.

Happy reading!

_______________

Pia's POV

"Woah!" I exclaimed, looking at the boat in front of me. Swayam walked ahead and stepped into it, forwarding his hand for me.

"Hop in." He says, gesturing with his hands. I walk towards it and it was floating unevenly in the water already. It wasn't a modern boat but not even an old one. It was a long and pretty huge boat with a shed above, beautifully decorated in Rajasthani style. This is known as Shikara according to what Swayam said and we are going to ride in it in the lake.

I slid my hand into his and carefully stepped into the boat and sighed deeply as I stood in it comfortably. The boat started moving and we were now sitting in it, looking around. I see the palace approaching and get excited to explore it but the boat goes past it, making me frown.

"We will first look around the places here." Swayam said, noticing my frown and I nodded, turning to look around and capture the serene beauty of the Lake Pichola. It was just noon and the sun shined above us but the lake kept the surroundings cool.

The thought of how the past couple of days flew by flashed in my mind, making me smile. The days in Chittorgarh were mesmerising. The rich history and the beautifully built monuments just took my breath away when we walked through them. Be it the great Chittorgarh fort, Rana Kumbha Palace and also the Palace of the brave Rani Padmini or the sacred Meera temple... We also had a joyful trek to one of the famous temples there.

Presently, we are in Udaipur which is rightly called the Venice of the East because of its huge number of lakes. The city of love. This city had an altogether different vibe when we came here. Today morning started with a calming and relaxing stroll in the garden and riding the rope line upto the famous Karni Mata temple. I was feeling so blessed with the number of temples we visited in the past days though they weren't planned but someone fell on our route. And here I am, standing in a boat,  travelling to our next stop.

We explored from one palace to another by the shore of the lake and right now we were done exploring city palace as well. I thought this was it but Swayam surprised me by taking me back to the waters and near the same boat.

"Again?" I asked, confused and looked over at him.

"Yes and don't ask many questions, you are in for a surprise!" He says and I grin in excitement. I happily step into the boat once again and it starts sailing into the waters. The lake was really mesmerising. I turned around from the edge of the boat and gasped and what I saw in front of me.

"Please have a seat, your highness!" Swayam said, pulling a chair out and dramatically bowing towards me. I let out a hearty laugh and walked upto the cozy table for two, arranged in the middle of the boat and slid into the chair he held for me. The food was already kept and I can't wait to dig in after all the exploring! He took his seat in front of me and we both started eating, having small chats here and there.

"So, did you like my idea of a lunch date floating in the water?" He asked after the lunch was done and I smiled at him. Actually smiled even more widely because the smile didn't seem to leave my lips.

"It was amazing!" I shout and he chuckles at it.

"I am excited to see your reaction tonight then." He says, sparking my curiosity.