16. The Gathering

A/N

Hello readers...

Here is the weekend and here is the update... I know, I didn't update last weekend and I am sorry for that... So go ahead and enjoy this update.

Happy reading

_______________________

Rey's POV

"Oh that's great... Thank you so much for the information... I will talk to him then" I said and cut the call not before hearing the my pleasure from her...

I talked to Swayam's PA now and I was glad to know that he has free schedule today and I can convince him to come to the gathering today... It's been two days since the fiasco of the party and I hadn't talked to him since then... I hope he is not mad at me... Thinking all this, I dialled his number and he picked up at the third ring...

"Hello" he said in his cold, business tone... I think he is busy...

"Hey dude! Are you busy?" I asked him hoping a 'no' for the answer...

"Huh... No... Actually yes... But I will do it afterwards... Say now... Why did you call???" He asked sounding confused...

"What!? Can't I call my friend casually???" I asked faking a hurt tone to which he chuckled... There is something wrong with this man today...

"I know my friend more than you do alright!? He doesn't call me at this time knowing I will be in my office unless and until there is some work... He usually casually calls at night!!! So... Shoot!!" He said and to say I am impressed would be an understatement...

"Okay... U caught me... I actually called you to say that you are coming today to my home since everyone is meeting up just for chilling around" I said and there is silence for few seconds on the other side...

"I am afraid I can't, I have work, not free..." He said and I smirked... I knew this would come up...

"For your kind information, I talked to your PA already before and you are totally free today and I am not taking no for an answer..." I said mimicking his tone earlier...

"Oops... Looks like you caught me this time... Okay then, I will be there" he said... I didn't expect that so fast... Wow!!!

"Woah bro! That was very quick... So we will be waiting... My place, at 6, done?" I asked

"Done" he replied...

"Okay bye then... You carry on with your work, see you in the evening" I said

"Bye" he said and hung up... I smirked to myself as the first step of my plan is successful... Now next, I dialled everyone's number and said everyone to meet up in an hour or so. Now it's 12, everyone may come be here by 1:30 or 2... There's a reason I called everyone before Swayam. I hope this works out...

Soon it was 2 and everyone had arrived... Including Pia! Yes, I invited her too... After knowing her feelings towards Swayam that day, I was hell bent on including her too, it would be in our favour at some time...

"Please let's order something guys... I am too hungry" Vicky said

"Oye bhukkad... How much will you eat??? Everytime concerned about eating something!!!" I said and everyone started laughing...

"It's not my fault... You called me when I just woke up, so I didn't even have breakfast properly... Now let me order something. What you guys will eat? Pizza???" He asked and everyone agreed. He ordered and we all waited for him to finish. As soon as the order arrived, everyone launched on it like hungry hulks since ages... As soon as it finished, I clapped to gain everyone's attention... We were seated in my living room, on couch, on bean bags and some on mattress spread down... I was sitting down...