42. Coaxing her

A/N

Heya people!

How's everyone? I hope you all are doing fine! Her's the next update!

Do let me know how it was in the comments!

Happy reading!
__________________

Swayam's POV

"Ofcourse Sharon!" My cousin aunty said and I whipped my head towards her to see her in completely normal expressions. I turned a little sideways to look at my Sharon who for now is Pia, to see her looking at me with a serious face. The smile on her lips a few moment ago was gone and her eyes showed hurt. Shit!

"No! It's Pia" I immediately corrected before the artist could write the name.

"But..." Aunty started again but mom cut her in between saying,

"Oh I completely forgot! I need to discuss something important with you" and she took her with her to a distance. The artist by now had written the name and I got up, looking at everyone to see their worried expressions centred at Pia and me. Pia was looking down and as if sensing my gaze, she looked up. I could see the unshed tears in her eyes and I felt my heart squeeze at the view.

"Pia, I am sorry on her behalf..." I apologized, sitting next to her and looking at her...

"How is it even possible that your aunty doesn't know the name of the bride whose mehendi function she is attending?" She asked, keeping her voice stern so that no one could see the hurt but I could easily make it out.

"I know and I am very sorry for that... She is like this from before itself. Very weak at remembering things." I said, making up a false sickness and Pia looked back at her hands.

"Simmi just say him that I shall appreciate some time of alone space" she said indirectly to me and I felt my heart stab. Now she needs space from me? I looked at Simmi to see her giving me a sympathetic smile. Sighing I got up from there and went into the backyard, to calm myself down...

I was standing near the fence, looking at the flowers, thinking about what happened inside... It surely hurted her and she has all the rights to be angry. Things would have been different if she knew that she, herself is Sharon. What should I do now? How can I coax her now? Think of something Swayam... Think fast!

"I think it would be better if you go and be with her instead of wasting your time here" I heard Rey's voice and turned around, to see him standing at a distance and looking at me with his eyes narrowed. I sighed and looked down. I could hear his steps walking upto me.

"Go inside and be around her. You will find some or the other way to talk to with her" he directly suggested, without even asking for once and patting my shoulder. I nodded, thinking of ways of what I can do... Taking a deep breath, I walked inside.

As I entered, I caught my Sharon looking in my direction but she diverted her gaze as soon as she saw me looking at her. She was looking for me? Not bad. I think I can coax her in simple ways then. Smiling at some guests in the way, I walked to where she was seated. She was definitely aware of my approach towards her, but she royally ignored me, shifting her gaze at the ladies who were dancing in the middle of the hall.

I sighed and looked here and there, searching for a way to initiate talk with her. As if God pitied me, her phone rang and I gazed at her hands which were filled with designs of mehendi. I looked at the artist in front of me, who was about to answer the call for her and gestured her to leave it. Instead, I took the mobile in my hand and sat beside her. I answered the call for her and held it to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked, anger laced in her voice.

"Hello?" She asked again and pulled her face far from the phone by which I got the sign that the call might have disconnected. I quietly held the phone in my hands and looked at her mehendi, that was almost complete by now. I looked back at her to see her jaw clenched, as if she is holding herself on the last thread and would blast any moment. Suddenly the phone rang again and I saw the same number flashing. I quickly answered it and put it next to her ear...