43. It's time for Sangeet!

A/N

Here is the next chapter!

I found the song above, the most apt one for our SwaRon in my story. Agree?

You guys might feel a little disoriented due to such a long break, so I am giving a small insight of the previous chapter.

Happy reading!

_____

*From previous chapter*

"Hello ma'am, we are here to deliver the jewellery." they smiled at me and I cursed myself in my brain to be upset that day and select such average things! Even the jewellery I had selected wasn't with all my heart and the cherry on the cake is, it would look a disaster with this dress.

Mom took the bag they had with them and it striked me that we hadn't ordered the jewellery store to deliver... I thought mine was already kept in all the other sets we had brought. Doubting, I took it from mom's hands and fished out the box. I opened it, only to be even more shocked.

You are so dead Swayam!

_______________

Swayam's POV

"Will you just sit for a minute atleast?" Rey asked frustrated and I looked at him tensed. I was so excited about the surprise and was waiting for any message or call from her but what I received just made me worried even more. I walked towards the opposite wall again and back to where Rey was sitting. I fished out my phone from the pocket and re-read the message again.

Pia: You are dead Swayam.

This is what her message read with a photo of the dress and the jewellery. I gulped reading it again and thought what must have gone wrong with her to behave like this. I had got this message in the morning itself and I am growing restless with each passing second.

"Stop it Swayam! Everyone are there, preparing everything for the evening, even the performances and here I am, consoling you like a small baby who lost his ice-cream!" Rey chided me and I looked at my phone's blank screen again.

Oh shit! Did she think that I did all this to show off or some other reasons? But... No! She knows me and she won't think that... But what if she misunderstood my gesture as something else?

"Swayam... Swayam listen to me! Stop overthinking about the message and confront her directly when you will be meeting her in an hour or so... Sit down and relax okay?" Rey said, making me sit on the bed by pushing my shoulders and taking the mobile out of my hands.

"But..." I started but was cut off by mom who barged in my room.

"No its and buts. Why do you worry so much Swayam? Even if she misunderstood, talk and sort it out." mom said, walking towards me and pinning the broach she brought with her, to my coat. I gave her a serious look.

"Oh mom please. It started all because of you!" I whined and she frowned.

"What did I do?" She asked completely offended by my blame.

"It's because if you I had to invite that cousin aunty who created the ruckus yesterday from when she is upset with me!" I said and she just looked at me in disbelief. Shrugging she walked away from me, towards the door.

"Aunty, don't take his words to heart. He has gone mad since morning, thinking about the message." Rey called out glaring at me to which she turned and smiled at him.

"Rey, don't teach me about me own son! I know he is already mad so I am not taking him seriously at all." She said as a matter of fact, making my mouth drop open.