58. The dreadful hours

A/N

Hello people!

Before everything else, I would like to dedicate this chapter to someone.

A person who was there with me from the very beginning of the story and encouraged me in every way to go ahead with it. One of my close friends, my baby sis who apparently used to be a ball of energy and excited about the storyline all the time, pushing me for updates everytime we talked. Yes, we met over internet but had found a unique connection with her in a really short period... She was highly creative and used to have atleast 3-4 stories of her with the plot ready, already in her mind. Alas, she couldn't put them down onto paper...

She left us all this Thursday. May her soul rest in peace... Gone too soon but it was inevitable... Will miss her always, one of the very first reviewer of my first ever story. Idk why and how we lost the touch over months but now I see back, I wish I could have just messaged her when I felt to, picked her call even if I was busy and hear her no-sense ramble about anything and everything...

The body is what departs but the soul is always immortal. The soul connection will never go away and will be there forever. Always in my heart, remembering you with a smile Sassthetic_ hope you are at a better place now, love you! ❤

Wanted to publish this chapter days back but couldn't bring myself to...

Happy reading guys...

_______________

Swayam's POV

I was in between a meeting with the board members when my phone rang. It was from mom and I silenced it, guessing it to be something general, concentrating back into the meeting. The phone started vibrating again and I looked at it irritated. The meeting is about to end and these people don't have patience at all. I silenced it once again, getting back into the discussion. Mrs. Sharma's phone rang this time and she looked at me after checking her mobile.

"Sir, it's from your home." She said and my eyebrows shot up, alert. They went to the extent of calling her? Oh my god! Is everything fine? I hurriedly took the phone from her hand and excused myself.

"Hello?" I answered the call but there was just breathing on the other side.

"Swayam..." It was Taani on the other side but what caught my attention is how broken her voice sounded. I sat up straight into my seat and everyone's eyes turned to me.

"Taani? What happened?" I asked, clutching the edge of the table tightly. I hope everyone are alright.

"Swayam, Pia... Pia was found unconscious..." She cried on the other end and I stood up shocked.

"In store room." She added after a few seconds in a whisper and it felt as if the earth shook beneath my feet. I stumbled a little but balanced with the help of the chair and table.

"What? How?" I shouted, running a hand through my hair and glancing around at all the members. Few gave me a understanding smile and one of the elder member nodded and I ran out of the room.

"We... We took her to the hospital Swayam. Please come soon." She sniffed.

"I am on my way." I replied, hanging up on the call and pressed the button of the lift. On seeing it would take time to come down, I turned around and saw my PA jogging towards me. I returned her phone back and she handed over mine. I climbed down the stairs as fast as I could and slid into my car and took deep breathes. No, this is not the time to loose control Swayam. You have to be there for her, be strong for her and your family. I blinked away the blurriness off my eyes and ignited the engine, driving the car out of the parking. I didn't care at what speed I drove but all I knew is I want to reach there as soon as possible. A passer by yelled over when I overtook the car rashly. Damn it! I hope it not to be serious.