8. The meet up

(Edited- 30-07-2020)

_______________

Pia's POV

"Yummy..." I said savouring the taste of the delicious pan cakes dipped in maple syrup placed in front of me. Mom made it today for breakfast and wanted me to taste it. It's damn tasty and I couldn't hold back and started eating it again and again. Poor she! She only wanted me to taste it and now I can't hold back.

"Stop eating it like a gannet, I am here too!" Sid scoffed sitting beside me all ready to eat my pancakes!  Hey! They are mine!

"You won't get even a piece." I replied after stuffing my mouth with one more morsel and lifting the plate to his opposite side far from his reach.

"You better let me taste them!" he said and tried to reach the plate which I held away from him. He attempted few times but all in Vein. Then he started making puppy faces all along to melt me. I decided to play with him and took a piece in my fork. I held it against his mouth and he immediately grinned, ear to ear and opened his mouth. As soon as he was about to grab it, I changed its direction and shoved it inside my mouth.

"You shouldn't eat it Sid! You will get more fat, fatso!" I said to him playfully and poked my tongue out. He just glared at me in return. As if I care! I turned towards my pancakes and again started eating them.

"Mom!" He yelled making me cringe a bit. He shouts so bad! Mom came out of kitchen and asked him what was it.

"She is not letting me eat. Didn't you make more of it?" He cried.

"Yeah, yeah. Go on... Cry baby!" I said mocking him.

" Hey I am not!" He said to me sternly.

"You both carry on! I have work." mom said dismissively and returned to kitchen. I saw him glaring at me and then to the pancakes and he formed a mischievous grin on his face. I wonder what is he thinking... Oh no! Whatever it is, it's not safe for my pancakes.

I grabbed the plate in one go, got up and ran away from him, being careful not to spill the food but hard luck. My guess was right and he was running behind me all around. I ran everywhere, in the hall, around sofa, and back around the dining table. It was more like a tom and jerry show! I was panting badly and wanted to end it. He was also panting running behind me all the time. It's not easy to get me.

"Take five!" I said tired, keeping the plate on table and slipping into one the chairs.

"Not so soon sweetheart." he said and the next moment I saw was him holding the plate with a smirk on his face and wiggling eyebrows. He is dead now! How dare he take my pancakes!

I started to chase him but he was too fast to be caught. I was about to catch him but the doorbell rang and I realised I was expecting someone. But pancakes? I was confused between what to choose and the bell rang again! Agrhhh! Okay, Let it be, I will eat it next time. I thought and let go of the pancakes.

"Poor loser!" He mocked at me while I was going towards the door. Why aren't any servants around to open it?

"I let you win, you fatso!" I replied in the same tone and opened the door.

The girl entered without even seeing me and started to search me in the house. I patted her shoulder from her back and chirped,

"Hi Simmi! I am here."

"Hey! hi Pia." She turned to me and hugged me tightly.

"Let me go! I can't breathe!" I said hitting her back.

"Ouch! So mean of you." She mocked rolling her eyes and then turned and went towards my room. This girl needs nothing to be said, she does it all on her own and I followed her. I had called her to talk for sometime and then go together for the meet up! Yes, we had meet up at 5pm sharp and I am not so excited about it. But I had to go.