15. The After Effects

A/N

Hey guys.

Well, don't kill me this time. I am really really sorry for the delay. I just realised that it's been more than a month since I updated last. I was way very much busy to make some time to write.

Rest of the things on hold for now, here's the next chapter. Well I decided to give double updates to make up the delay but I didn't see any point in it and merged both of them and this one is a long chapter!

Please do tell me how's it. Feel free to drop inline comments too!

Enjoy reading!

(Edited - 23-09-2020)

_______________

Pia's POV

I squeezed my eyes tightly to the piercing light from somewhere. I rubbed my eyes and opened them and felt like I am lifting some heavy mountain kind of thing instead of my eyelids. I feel my brain throbbing zillion times a second. It felt like it would pop out anytime. I held my head in my hands and tried to sit but the pain overpowered again. I felt the piercing light dimming a bit and I tried hard to open my eyes, blinking my eyes several times to get a clearer view and saw a lady closing the curtains. I rubbed my eyes again and the headache doing no good to it.

I opened my eyes and saw a woman sitting on the bed, beside me. Then the realisation dawned upon me that she is Swayam's mother and she passed a weak smile at me. I tried to smile but I am sure it didn't come out good due to the throbbing headache.

"How are you feeling beta? I know, your head might be stinging right?" She asked holding my right palm in her's and I am taken aback by what she said. How does she know about what I am feeling? I slightly nodded and massaged my forehead with my fingers. I looked around and found out that it not the usual place I get up to and then realised what is aunty doing in here in the early morning? I frowned thinking where am I and recalling how did I land here.

"Relax, you are in our guest room. Yesterday you got drunk somehow and you slept here itself." She explained and my eyes widened in shock. I was drunk? I got drunk? I can't believe it! I am not a alcohol liking person and I hadn't been drunk till date.

"And don't worry, I have informed Mrs. Mehra of your drunken state yesterday and you staying over here and she is cool about it. She also said she would pick you up today." I was pulled out from my trance by aunty and I smiled gratefully at her. She then lowered her gaze and started to look here and there and I could clearly see the restlessness in her body language suddenly. I held her hand and she looked up at me.

"Is there something you want to ask or something that's bothering you?" I asked and she again averted her gaze.

"Actually I wanted to ask one thing" She said and I nodded for her to go ahead.

"Beta... Um... Do..." She started but she sounded like she was hesitating to ask and she was afraid of something. But what?

"Aunty, just ask what you want to! Don't worry thinking to ask it or not. Feel free to ask anything aunty. After all I am like your daughter." I blurted out squeezing her hand a bit and I am shocked at myself! I am not that kind of person who gets attached to people quickly in one or two meets but here, I don't know why I feel some belongingness whenever I see her. I feel... Secure! I don't know why, but her restlessness is bothering me.

"Did you... Do... Do you remember anything from last night?" She asked narrowing her eyes at me and waiting for my reply. I felt the thumping headache return again and I massaged my forehead as I tried to recall something. I don't remember anything. Actually, the last thing I remember doing is drinking Swayam's untouched drink and then I felt little dizzy and... And... I was roaming around in the house. What after that?