7. They are always there

(Edited- 30-07-2020)

_______________

Swayam's POV

"Good evening Swayu." mom wished me as soon as I entered my home. 'Swayu' is what she calls me as a nick name.

"Good evening mom." I wished back placing my office bag on the table and sat on the sofa leaning against it, trying to find the comfort after a long hectic day.

"Go and freshen up quick, I will arrange the dinner." she said and I immediately looked at her in a 'not in a mood to eat look'.

"No! I am not going to listen today. I have prepared your favourite dishes myself and you must eat it." she said sternly like a strict mom and I obeyed her like an obedient child and left for my room.

I quickly freshened up and went down to have dinner. I Don't know after how many weeks we were eating together again. The dinner was quiet, as usual. We both tried to talk to each other but all efforts went in vain. I finished my food and got up to leave for room.

"You look tired... I think it was a hectic day." finally mom spoke.

"Yup, it was. With lots of meetings back to back." I said with a faint smile.

"Okay, go and take rest. Good night." mom said faking a smile too. I knew it was a fake one.

"Good night." I replied and left from there.

Back into my room, I placed my laptop on the table as I had to finish some of the work today itself. I was very much tired but work is work! There are no excuses. After some time I had finished and closed the laptop. I rested my head in my palm leaning forward as I had invited a headache now, working all the time.

I was slightly massaging my forehead to get relieved from the ache but I felt someone else's hand caressing my hair. I looked up and saw my mom smiling at me.

"Ma, you here? This late... I mean haven't you slept yet?" I asked her confused. She was the one who would sleep early everyday.

"Yes, I saw you were very tired and stressed downstairs and thought to why not help you out of it!" She said and I was confused. What did she mean? Then I saw that she was holding a bowl in other hand. I immediately smiled at her and made her sit on the couch and I sat on the floor happily.

Oh wow! What a relief! I sometimes wonder how a pair of hands can do wonders. My mom was massaging my head by applying oil and I was enjoying it to the fullest. It had been long time what seemed to be like ages since she had done this and believe me, nothing is better than a mother's head massage to relieve an headache.

"Swayam?" Mom asked.

"Hmmm." I responded as I knew she had to ask something.

"I know you. You don't need to pretend anything to me. You are stressed and tired nowadays too much. Take care of yourself beta... I even know that you skip meals every now and then." she said to me and I was left with no words. Even I was fooling around whom? My mother? She would ofcourse read me in and out. I remained quiet and didn't reply anything.

"Don't skip your meals and one more thing, I am always here for you Swayu. I am always." she said and till now she had finished with the massage.

I couldn't control it anymore and I turned towards her and saw her with tears forming in my eyes. She caressed my cheeks lightly with her palm and I rested my head in her lap. I missed my mom so much. I just wanted to be in her embrace for ages and always feel protected and blessed but my life was more like a bane to me!

"I know mom. Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wish I knew what the reason was. I just wish..." I let my heart out after some silence and couldn't help few tears leaving my eyes.