40. Shopping day (part 2)

A/N

Hello guys!

Here's the update and I know I had said it would be long one but it was becoming just too long... You all might be bored by the time you'd finish the whole update, so I cut it into two...

Do let me know how it was, coz the next update is almost written! Good response motivates me toh write better.... Thanks for all the love!

Happy reading!

______________________

Swayam's POV

"Which one did you select for yourself?" Taani asked me, as soon as dad, uncle and me approached them. Both dad and uncle have been eyeing me suspiciously because of my goofy smile. I looked at Pia and saw the change in her expressions when she heard Taani and immediately looked at me.

"I too want to see your dress. What did you select?" Pia asked trying to look excited but she couldn't hide the sadness from me.

"I did one. It's a coordinating one with Pia's and they have took it for fitting as per my size" I said whatever came to my mouth. Pia nodded and again, looked somewhere else. It pinched my heart that Pia isn't interested in my dressings as much as I was in her's. But she is even in a foul mood too.

"Ohh" Taani said and turned back to whatever she was looking at. After sometime, everyone were done with their finalized outfits for the functions and wedding day and we all were heading towards the billing counter, just then the manager approached us.

"Excuse me ma'am. We would like to take your measurements and fit the outfit you selected accordingly and we shall deliver the piece later to your address" the manager said and Pia nodded, stepping aside and allowing the another person with him, to take measurements. After it was done, we headed towards the counter once again. At this point, I walked ahead of everyone and made them halt.

"It will be crowded there if we all go, I will just complete the process and be back" saying so, I turned and headed ahead, without waiting for anyone's reply. The manager looked at me and I nodded slightly which no one could decipher, a hint for him to do what I had said. I could feel Pia's and everyone else's eyes on me so I acted as normal as I could. I gave my credit card, to swipe for all the clothes, except for Pia's and the other accessories she selected too. Once done, I walked back to everyone else.

"Where are the dresses?" Mom asked.

"They will be delivered, don't worry. Come let's head to the jewellery showroom now. It's late already" I said glancing at my watch and we all went out. The car was ready and after everyone settled inside, I drove towards the showroom.

"I am damn hungry Swayam" Taani whined and I looked back when I halted at the signal. Everyone were nodding into hungry and I turned the other side towards a restaurant. We dined in and ate a good meal. I noticed that Pia was awfully quiet throughout the lunch, inspite of me sitting right next to her. I initiated little talks but she replied all the time in mono syllables, so I gave up. Soon after everyone finished, we hopped back into the car. The drive was quite and Pia was very quite and it was worrying me. I wanted to do something, but seeing that the showroom is nearby now, I kept quiet.

After I parked the car, everyone climbed down and started walking towards the showroom happily, unaware of Pia's mood. As everyone was busy in their own talks, I held Pia's hand and she visibly shivered and immediately looked at me. I held her back by her hand and we both stopped walking.

"What happened? Let's go inside, or else they will again start their session of teasing" she asked looking at everyone and then again at my hand holding hers. She looked up at me and raised her eyebrows but she couldn't hide the slight pink shade on her cheeks. I smiled because she looked really cute and beautiful.