46. Days pass so quickly!

A/N

Sunday aaya, phirse update laaya!

Here's the next chapter, I hope u all enjoy it.

Happy reading!

_______________

Pia's POV

I felt some light pierce through my eyes and I opened it slightly to squeeze it shut again. I blinked a few times to adjust to the sunlight and yawned stretching my arms above me. I turned to the other side, only to come face to face with a sleeping Swayam. He was in a very uncomfortable position with a hand and a leg hanging down the couch. His mouth was slightly open and a his eyebrows were creased in a small frown. I looked at the clock to see it was already pretty much late to get up in my new house. It was past 10 in the morning.

Last night's events came crashing down in my mind, making my heart squeeze in pain again. I had decided not to cry in front of him but I couldn't control and everything came out. I think in a way, it's better that the confrontation happened yesterday itself. In a way it's good. I don't have to pretend to him to be happy and also, he wouldn't expect anything from me.

I recalled how I had lashed out on him last night and it equally hurt me speaking those words. I don't know what came over me that I was about to cross my limits and I had already went far enough. The slap was so spontaneous that I didn't think before slapping him and I feel a small pang of guilt in me for that.

I don't understand why my heart still says to hug him once again and again and again. I saw the hurt in his eyes yesterday, which in return hurt me much more. The unshed tears his eyes had yesterday says another story to me but what about the truth? Why did he had to hide it? Why did everyone had to hide it? I feel so angry on myself for not asking much about it earlier and being blind in love. He didn't even deny the fact yesterday that he married me for business purposes only even when I said it aloud.

But what about all the care he showered on me when I woke up from the nightmare? Yes I had a nightmare yesterday, but with god's grace, it wasn't that bad. I could control myself after sometime. That's when I missed mom so much. She would hug me to sleep, comforting me like no one else. I have no one here for that. I cannot let my guard down in front of Swayam now. I cannot.

I cannot afford to hear whatever he has to say as I know I will break even more with his confession of the truth and I don't want it now. I already have enough to deal with, I don't think I can handle one more heartbreak again.

I quickly shut my eyes when I saw him shifting slightly on the couch. I didn't get time to turn around as I heard his yawn and some shuffling noises. I could hear his whispered wince, maybe his hand and leg are paining. I acted as if I am asleep since I didn't want to face him the first thing in the morning. I heard the footsteps getting louder by each second and my heartbeat increased in curiosity. What is he upto now? Why is he walking towards me?

I felt his presence near me now, just next to the bed. I wanted to open my eyes and run away yet still a part of me wanted to stay as I am and see what he does.

I felt fingers brush across the back of my fingers which made my breathing hitch. What is he doing?

"Good morning." I heard him whisper so quietly that I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't concentrating completely on him. His voice sounded very hoarse, like he is crying and my suspicions were confirmed when I heard him sniff lightly next. Why is he crying now? I am a business deal, ain't I? He faked all his care and emotions just to trick me but what is he getting by acting now? Especially when I am not at all seeing or hearing him, according to him.