41. It's mehendi!

A/N

Hello guys!

So here's the next update! Tried to update as soon as I could! Enjoy!

Happy reading!
________________________

Swayam's POV

"What is that?" She asked making me whip my head at her. Shit! She saw it! What do I do now?

"N... Nothing. Nothing Pia" I replied and bit my tongue for stammering at moments like these. She raised an eyebrow at me and slid down the bonnet. She walked to my side and I immediately showed my hand which was holding the box, into my jacket which I later realised that it must not have gone out of her notice. I mentally cursed myself because a kid can hide his chocolate better than I did. I nervously smiled at her.

"Really Swayam? If it were to be nothing, you wouldn't be lost in your thoughts seeing whatever is in your hand, from past 15 minutes or so. So, spill" she said, folding her hands in front of her chest and looking at me expectantly. I know now I have no escape now. You dug your own grave Swayam!

I slid down the bonnet, nervously, thinking of ways if any, to escape this situation. I am afraid that she might recall something, seeing the pendant. I don't want to put her into anymore stress than she already is. She walked and stood in front of me, looking at me.

"Err... Pia... This is a gift I had bought for you..." Well, that wasn't a lie. This was actually a gift I had planned for my Sharon. Her expressions turned to a surprise one but she hid her smile, just like Sharon used to do to put up a serious face.

"Then why didn't you give me and why are you hiding it from me?" She asked sternly and I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"Actually... Actually Pia..." I stuttered and felt as if my tongue was tied and I actually didn't knew what to tell her.

"Actually what Swayam? Tell me..." She asked again, but this time softly.

"I don't want to stress you out more than you already are!" The words left my mouth even before I could think what I was saying. Shit! I saw her frown in confusion and sighed in relief. She didn't understand it completely.

"I think... I think that our closeness of yesterday made you go through the nightmare and the attack. I don't want to put any pressure on you, you are stressing Pia! I had bought this yesterday itself and brought with me to gift you but seeing you in that state in the morning and later, so upset while shopping, I didn't feel it's the right time to give it to you..." I said, very carefully balancing my words. It was neither whole truth nor whole a lie. Frankly I said whatever came to my mouth. Her hands fell down and she looked up at me, more like, glaring at me.

"Really Swayam? Did I once say my attack is because of you or I am upset because of you? Stop overthinking everything!" she shouted on me, making me jump in my place, scared of her shouting suddenly. Maybe seeing me afraid or what I cannot point, her eyes softened. She turned towards the city and kept looking there for few seconds. Then suddenly walked to me and stood right in front, so close to me with just few inches of gap in between us.

"Listen carefully Swayam. Though I might be going through a lot, but being with you is my decision. I am willingly into this and nobody can pressurise me to be with you... Understood?" She said, her voice still laced with a hint of anger but she was looking straight up at me. I looked down, not able to take her hurt for my lie but it was needed. She silently held my hand in took it between both of her's.

"Look at me Swayam... You don't put any stress on me. Infact, I feel relieved after spending time with you. Whatever my mental condition is, let it be there, don't bring it in between us. I really lo..." She stopped abruptly, making me smile slightly because I can guess what was coming out of her mouth. But only if she knew, being with me itself is a huge pressure on her brain.