10| Hide & Seek

Bea's lips twist into a smile before she winks at you like she knows something you don't.

She's Jungkook's girlfriend after all.

You press your lips together to stifle a laugh. If you're Jungkook's girlfriend, then Santa Claus is definitely a bald demon.

Hell, Jungkook won't even consider you a girl. To him, you're probably some violent nincompoop with trust issues.

"I'm either going deaf or you guys are lacking a pair of working eyeballs."

"Neither," confirms Jimin cooly, "You chose to be here so you might as well accept the consequences."

"Consequences?" You echo, face scrunching in confusion.

Hoseok sighs from behind you, "You weren't invited so you'll have to pretend to be Jungkook's girlfriend for a free pass."

Something jolts in your chest and you turn to Hoseok with widened eyes. "Oh great. Out of everyone you had to pick him?"

Hoseok presses his lips together. "Actually it wasn't our choice," he says. "Jungkook volunteered.  He wants to keep an eye on you because he thinks you're going to escape or cause trouble."

You mentally groan, just as the orchestra reaches a crescendo, the volume muffling all your aimless protests. If you would have known earlier, then you wouldn't have been so stubborn about attending this stupid party.

"For the plan to work," you say, looking around, "Shouldn't Jungkook be with me?"

You wait for them to answer, but strangely enough, no one does. Frowning, you turn around quizzically, feeling a wave of hush spiral around.

"Guys?" You ask, heart dropping to the pits of your stomach when you find Bea and the others gone.

Before anything, your shoulder gets shoved to the side by a bustling crowd of men, each drunk in daze, sweat, and temporary gayness.

Swallowing hard, you clench the hem of your dress into fists. 

Men and alcohol. The worst combination of all.

You curse under your breath. You can't lose Bea and the rest of them. You don't even know anyone here. Heck not even the host.

Without another thought, you search around the place like a kid lost at the grocery store. Then squeezing past a roaring group of teens, you sway towards the dance floor where you think you spotted Junghyun's ridiculous banana printed shirt.

It was then, that you bumped hard into a red leather jacket dude who looked like he came out of a gift box.

"You look lost, Señorita," the man swoons, his voice cracking into an imitation of a robotic GPS guide.

Turning to him, you pray he's someone you know—someone who probably recognized your face from a "missing" poster.

But no.

The man's eyes are a cunning hue of sage, a profound grayish-green that stare at you with a hazed charm. He takes a step close, wearing a romantic appeal to your appearance.

"I'm Sam," he smiles. "Samuel Rodriguez." I don't give a damn, you wanted to cut him off.

Nevertheless, "Hi," you greet him flatly, bowing at him slightly before turning away to look for Junghyun who you swore had just slipped into a crowd.

You grit your teeth in frustration. Mental note to kill him once you get hold of him.

Not a moment later your eyes catch Jimin's lovely woven khaki suit. He is seated at the bar with a drink balanced in his hand. As if this man didn't just ditch you moments ago.