60| Finale: Happy Birthday

A/N: I like to change POV's without making it obvious so you'll see Y/N and Jungkook's POV'S throughout this chapter. It's super long btw but I know y'all like it long 🤭

Enjoy reading the finale 🥹

~~~~~

Part 1

A fire-fighter is dragging you out of the building.

You're crying so much, you're surprised it doesn't put out the fire.

"Hey sunshine, look at me," Hoseok says, patting your back to soothe you. "He'll be fine. He's Jungkook."

You're wailing like a storm because you've never cried so much in your life. It's all coming out at once.

Noel was gone. Yeontan was gone. You will be ruined if Jungkook—No. Don't even think about it.

On top of everything, he left you to save some kids—you hate kids. You've never hated kids more before now.

Those little rascals.

Hoseok wraps a blanket around you. There's a crowd of people standing outside the building that's burning. Parents and loved ones waiting and crying while some just stood and numbly watched the building burn down.

There's police cars spilling red and blue lights everywhere, ambulances zooming back and forth, escorting survivors to hospitals. The wailing of the ER vehicles makes your ears ring and cries fade worthlessly.

From the corner of your eye, you catch Seoyeon—or whatever her name was--waiting by her BMW in a skimpy white dress, crying into her pink napkin.

Seriously? A dress even at a time like this?

The world is unfair and nothing made sense because nothing was real.

But Jungkook is still in there, and you will punch those kids and send them back inside the building if they come out without Jungkook.

Jesus, Y/N. That was a little harsh.

It's early in the morning, the sun is out and the sky is pink.

There's clusters of golden clouds in the sky above the Reaper's embassy building that's on flames. Pieces of distorted black things are flying around in the air, so calmly it makes your blood roil. It's windy and cold, making the black smoke roar and crackle as the building turns a darker shade of ash. This reminds you of 9/11.

You're staring up at the sky for hours. Yes. 2 hours and 12 minutes.

That's how long it takes before you see Jungkook step out of the building, the little boy from the desk wrapped in his arms, and three more children tailing behind him, all of them clutching the belt strap of his pants.

You break free from Hoseok's arms, feeling a whirlwind of joy burst inside you just by looking at his face again. "Jungkook!"

He finds you in the crowd, then places the boy on the ground before you're close enough to grab him into a hug.

"Oh my god. You made it." Your mind and soul glimmers with so much joy that you can feel the surreal way Jungkook's touch lightens every corner of paleness in you.

He breathes against your cheek. Just the feeling of him, his warm body—the entirety of him in your arms makes you feel alive again.

When you hug him, you feel his body tense. And you could tell it wasn't just nerves--it was something else. A dull, sinister feelings creeps into your heart like it's trying to turn the inside out.