41|Fruity Bootie

You have one job tonight.

To bid on your man and go on a date with him.

The MC—Tatcha—a name that reminds you of matcha tea— adjusts her mic on the podium before announcing the last auctioneer.

Jungkook's anchored on the stage, sitting in a very daunting stance as if to challenge you. Bid on me, Red, or else I'm going to sock you with a banana peel.

"Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, ladies and gentlemen. Who's going to bid on Jeon Jungkook for two hun—" Tatcha's eyes widened at the number of hands that shot up at her words.

Something hot and envious kindles in your chest, and your gaze drifts towards Jungkook on the stage again, his eyes gleaming at you with a command. Raise that damn hand, Red.

Swallowing a brick in your throat, you slowly raise your hand and Jungkook's shoulder shifts.

Although you know that all the funds will be deducted from Jungkook's account, the idea of spending nearly quarter million on him is absurd. Yes, the money goes to charity but seriously?

Tatcha continues to raise the price, until it's only Seo's hand up in the air. You're so lost in thought you don't raise your hand until you feel Jungkook's dovelike eyes burn through your skin.

A little ahead of you, Seo's glaring at you like a witch, her hot pink dress clung to her sweaty chest. She looks at you like this is the Hunger Games and Jungkook is the prized possession.

"Alright, alright. Mr. Jeon is in high demand," Tatcha chuckles. "Let's try this again. What about five hundred and—?"

Your hand jolts up faster than light and Seo's bronze eyes taper at you.

This little blonde mouse is getting on your nerves.

"Seems like we've got a challenge," Tatcha laughs. "Let's raise this up, folks. Jeon Jungkook for eight hun—"

Seo's hand shot up before Tatcha can finish. Paranoid, you raise your hand so fast that you smack an old woman's head next to you.

Your eyes widen at her. "Sorry! Are you okay?" The lady slowly turns to send you a look of scorn. "Your date ditched you. Serves you right."

You blink at her in confusion before realizing that Luc is no longer in the seat next to you. 

Shit. That's not good.

Frowning, you bring yourself to look around, but catch Jungkook's eyes on the stage instead. He raises a fine brow at you, and you nervously squirm in your place.

By the 10th bid, Tatcha grows antsy behind the microphone. At this point, the auction will go on forever.

Then she clears her throat, gaze flicking to you and Seo.

"This will be our last bid," she says, forcing a smile. "I like to call it the lightning round. First hand in the air claims our CEO. Are we ready?"

Sweat trails down your temple and you clench your teeth together. "Let's raise this to one million," Tatcha says, earning a few gasps from the audience. "One million for a date with our CEO—"

Seo's hand rises in the air as fast as a jet. You hesitate. For god's sake you can't make Jungkook pay a million dollars for a date with you? That's absurd. This whole thing is absurd.

Before you can settle your thoughts, Tatcha sends you an apologetic smile.

"And sold to the stunning lady in hot pink."

It's only when Seo turns to send you a smug smile do you realize what you've done.

The hall erupts into a hearty applause, and you feel your insides burn with something so bitter you cannot look at Jungkook. Except when you do glimpse at him, he's staring at you emotionless.