56| Mask Off

Jungkook's dirty mouth is the only thing keeping you from loosing your mind.

Junghyun is somewhere out there, pouring himself a glass of pink champagne as he awaits you. He has done so much to mentally ill you that you cannot forget why you're here-what you're about to do.

The two of you have exited the staircases and have entered the main lobby of Jimin's strip club. There's puffs of smoke in cheap-scented weed that swirls in the air above, corrupting the source of light from the brilliant gold chandeliers.

Shamelessly, the beast behind you nudges your ass with his machete as a reminder that he's behind you, guarding you as you try to find your way out of this place.

"We're in public, for god's sake," you hiss, blushing like a Disney princess. "Stop nudging me with your machete like I'm some frozen chicken nugget."

His footsteps are heavy behind you. "It's dark," he says. "I have to physically make sure you're around me because I don't trust you. You're like a little kid."

That made absolutely no sense. "And your... formula is poking my ass every now and then?"

It's silent for a second before you hear him. "It's the most responsive formula."

You snort. "And a little perverted."

"And a little perverted," he confirms, making you roll your eyes under the mask, biting back a smile.

There's a haunted thrill of excitement beating beneath your feet as you walk.  You yanked your gaze across the room-that was once was filled with civilians, strippers, and casino players. Now, it's nothing but a mimicry of the Grim Reaper's masked men dressed exactly as you are.

Except- you still feel your disguise glow hyper consciously. Most of them have guns, but none of them carried their weapons with a sense of vigilance.

They remained chatty amongst one another, flooding the bar, pouring whiskey into their glasses like they didn't just start a war.

"Red?" Jungkook calls behind you, and you turn slightly, sensing the earnestness in his voice. "Yeah?"

"I need you to promise me something," he says, and you turn to him fully. Although he was dressed exactly like any other here, you could still point him out easily.

He was extremely bulky from the waist up, a perfect muscle maniac with an hourglass figure. Since the time you met him, his hair had grown to a considerable length to define his mullet.

The more you look at him, the more you fall in love. If that was even possible considering how down bad you already are for him.

His compression shirt did his muscles so much justice you felt as though it would tear if he flexed them. "If you're going to propose," you say. "I suggest you think twice. I'm sort of a fat package."

Although you couldn't read his expression under his mask, his shoulders relaxed. "No matter what," he says, redirecting the conversation with a cautious tone. "I need you to put yourself first."

Something cold and unsteady beats in your chest and you swallow, knowing exactly what he's asking from you. By instinct, you turn away from him. "I cannot promise you that."

There's silence for a while before his voice comes, closer behind you. "I wasn't asking, Red. It's a demand. I'm demanding you to put yourself first-your safety before anyone else's." He sounded vexed and that only irritates you more.

He needs to realize that this is your fight as well. You will not allow anyone to give themselves away for you.

He nudges you on your left shoulder and you walk in that direction. "If we die-,"