35| Female Dog

You slept like Min Yoongi after last night.

Yawning, you stroll through the streets that lead up to the company you were supposed to interview at last week.

And it was on this exact street, you were attacked by an animal.

You're a week late for this interview, but you worked so hard to fit the candidate requirements that you won't back down now. It took you nearly two years to get recruited.

Perfect grades. Clean disciplinary records. Flowery recommendation letters from your professors. And now this interview.

Bangtan Sonyeondan.

It's coiled with a tedious familiarity to it that flusters you.

Bangtan's Bakery.

That's where every crumb of your feminism was evinced.

God, you hope you don't find Jimin at the receptionist's desk.

Drawing a breath, you straighten your collared top before walking through the automatic doors of the company. A security guard standing by the door gives you a look over.

Acknowledging him with a slight bow, you walk towards the front desk, hearing an old woman type loudly on her computer. Her hair is brilliantly white in a bob cut. There's strands of frizzy hair sticking up like she had been electrocuted.

You cough, trying not to laugh at the idea. The woman looks up at you through her small glasses. "Hello there, sweetheart. How may I help?"

Her voice is expected. Professional and clipped. You show her your ID and invitation letter sealed with a barcode. "I'm here for an interview."

For a moment too long, the women's pearlescent black eyes are piercing into you like she's calculating your entire existence. Then she glimpses at your ID before taking the letter from your hands.

Her eyes rove through the paper before she snaps her head at you with a frown. "Your interview was scheduled last week. Were you aware?"

There's a pulse beating in your throat when you speak. "I'm aware-I had delays. I'm sure the headmaster can understand. Would he not?"

She raises her brow at you, taking her glasses off like she cannot believe what you just said. "I'm afraid the headmaster won't understand. He does not tolerate tardiness. I cannot help you, darling."

Of course the CEO is a he.

Men, you curse.

"I have my reasons," you push. "I need to talk to him. Just five minutes of his time. You see, miss, I worked my entire life for this job-this position-I-"

She sighs loudly, staring down at you with pity that you don't need. When she speaks again, she glances around her before leaning in.

You nearly jump back. Her breath smells like spinach.

"Trust me when I say this," she says, and you swallow a lump in your throat. "It's best if you don't work here. Get another job. You won't last a day-no one ever does."

You blink. "I'm sorry?"

She looks around once again, making sure no one hears her.

"The CEO is exceptionally fiery. Not a single one of his private assistants have lasted a day because they did something-either yawned or spilt coffee on his shoes. Oh dear-He even fires people for breathing too loud. Thank god I have asthma. I can barely breathe."

You try not to cry. What the hell? You worked your entire life to serve a dog?

But you can't let that dick of a CEO stop you. You need money. You need a life where you can buy sushi whenever you want and go shopping wherever you please.