18| Phone Call

Time freezes still for a moment.

In all its lag, you gawk at Jungkook's face, spellbound to his sudden proximity and unimagined appearance on the hotel room's flooring.

Unlike you, he remains calm and unshaken, only flecked by a millisecond of utter dazzlement from the chaotic kiss the two of you just shared. 

Never in your life have you kissed a man before—not on the lips at least. And now, after sharing something so intense with a stranger, you're not sure how to react.

Jungkook's warm breath grazes your cheeks, tinting them a vivid shade of cerise, a color so deep that his eyes drop to your cheeks.

You don't try to look away because you're more caught up on the fact that you're literally straddling him right now.

Gasping, you try to stand up, but your toes slip against the downy white blankets, making you stumble towards Jungkook's body again. This time, however, your knee presses unpleasantly against his crotch.

"Ahrsg!"

You flinch at his muffled groan, eyes widening in horror. "S-Sorry!" You yelp. "I didn't mean to—"

"Get off me," growls Jungkook through barred teeth. His fierce tone makes Yeontan leap away from the blankets, his fluffy tail smacking against Jungkook's face.

In a mildly sadistic way, you hold in a laugh, secretly wishing you had a camera to capture this iconic moment.

But afraid Jungkook might just choke you to death, you manage to jump away from him before glaring down at him in disbelief. "Pervert," you mutter through gritted teeth, grabbing a pillow from your bed before raising it in the air to smack him

"Get!" Smack. "Out!" Smack. "Of!" Smack. "My!" Smack. "Room!" Whip.

Jungkook clenches his jaw at you. "Quit it," he grunts, staring up at you hawk-eyed now. "This isn't your room. There weren't any reservations."

"What?" You gape at him dumbly, hands falling to your sides with a hunch. "But why are you on the floor?"

The question earns him to glance at the bed before turning to you with a raised brow. "Don't you want the bed?"

"Wait," you say, forehead scrunching. "We're sharing this room?"

"Unfortunately we are," grabbles Jungkook raspily, and beside him, Yeontan lets out a cute little arff, wagging his tail euphorically as if mocking you.

You try not to yell out in frustration as you take the pillow again from your bed and smack Jungkook with it. He glares at you sharply. "What was that for?"

"For invading my privacy," you say bitterly. "You barged in without letting me know. What if I was changing?"

Jungkook shuffles underneath the blankets, avoiding eye contact. "I was too tired to care," he mutters lazily.

This little punk...

It takes everything in you to not smack him with the pillow again. With a huff, you plop on the bed, staring down at Jungkook for a moment in silence.

No doubt, he's awfully tired. You can see it from the way his chest rises slowly, then falls with an effortless exhale that you're stupidly admiring. It's unimaginable—the combination of his arrogance and his kind gesture of letting you sleep on the bed.

For a second, you thought it would be like the movies; where two people would fight for the bed until they both end up sleeping together. But clearly, reality is nothing like that.