28| Dancey Dance

A/N: kindly listen to "earned it" by the weekend for the best experience ;)

~~~~~

Soft jade light melts your skin neon colors.

In your wide, dazzled eyes, reflects the most gorgeous palace hall with a chocolate fountain in the center that twirls with exquisite slowness. The chandeliers are hung low above you, flaring into vivid colors that shower this place into life.

Up the decorated banister, you catch sight of Taehyung and Yoongi staring back at you through their masks. Taehyung's mask is purple, with black beaded swirling the contours of his eyes. Yoongi's mask, on the other hand, is plain white, blending gently with his glassy skin.

One sharp nod of acknowledgment from them and you feel an elated current dance down your spine. You send them a warm, lousy smile.

Abruptly, Jungkook stirs you away, making you uneasily writhe in his broad arms. "I'm not your arm candy," you hiss at him with gritted teeth. "And I'm still mad at you so stop touching me." 

Ignoring you, Jungkook's grip around your waist only deepens. He turns you towards a table filled with masks.

"Choose one," he urges, his voice cool. Your eyes gleam through all the fanciful choices. Black, yellow, dark green, pink...

"I bet your favorite color is black. Just like your soul," you say, and Jungkook tenses beside you. 

Your hand hovers above a midnight blue mask with pearlescent jewels that sparkle its edges.

Jungkook's finger traces the rim of your panties under the thin fabric of the dress and your breathing quakes in your throat. "You really hate me after what I did, don't you?"

Rolling your eyes at him, you grab the blue mask. "You make it very easy to hate you."

His lean fingers trace over a black mask before he grabs it without another thought. "Black," he responds strongly, bringing the mask to his face. "You're right. It's my favorite color."

You nod, feeling his lips brush your ear as leans into you. "Although now—" he confesses, his voice swirling in your ears. "I'm starting to really like red."

Your heart cums.

Dang it, Y/N. Did you really just think that? Bleach your dirty mind.

Nervously, you twirl the ribbon of your mask between your fingers. "Red is good," you agree. "Vibrant and... irresistible."

Jungkook grabs the mask from your hand. "Very irresistible, " he echoes, placing the blue mask over your eyes before bringing the two ribbons behind your head. As he does that, the tip of your nose presses against the portion of his exposed chest.

Your heartbeat is on flames. He tugs a strand of hair behind your ear, making sure to still leave your earpiece hidden.

When he's done, his hand sneaks around your waist again, this time grazing your belly button. You're not sure if he's trying to get back at you or if you're still supposed to play his pretend girlfriend.

"We're really trapped," Jungkook suddenly says, breaking your daze. You look around the hall, turning to find the door that was once wide open now shut.

They aren't accepting any more guests.

With your heartbeat hammering in your throat, you glide your eyes around the place once more. Towards the stage, then to the crowd by the tattoo artist. There are four guards by the exit and two standing by the front.

"This is enlightening," you mutter, pure sarcasm in your tone. Jungkook sighs bitterly. "We need a distraction."

You glance at him. "How?"