19| 7 Eleven

A/N: AYO IT'S A DOUBLE UPDATE

GRAB SUM POPCORN AS U READ 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

~~~~~

Murder.

It's the first thought that thunderbolts in your head after you cut the call with Sam. How by then, every ounce of hatred you had for him is intensified to the maximum.

His words unfurl in your head like an echo while you try your best not to hyperventilate. Think, Y/N, think.

As melodramatic as it sounds, you're willing to die for your dad. Better you than him. That, however, doesn't mean you won't fight back. Of course you will. It's not a choice.

But Sam wants something from you. Something that you clearly don't have: The file.

The goddamn file. It has to be.

For a brief moment, you considered shaking Jungkook awake. Since he's in the mafia, he would probably know a better strategy to get you out of this mess. But is this man even in the mafia?

Then again, you know nothing about him.

But from his house, to his cars, and to his level of sophistication, Jungkook clearly isn't an ordinary employee at a McDonald's.

On another note, involving Jungkook in your matters will only make things more complex. Because last time you checked, Sam wanted Jungkook dead. So maybe keeping him out of this would be for his own good.

You turn to the clock that ticks sharp 12:15 am.

Panic swells in your chest, and you place the phone down before glancing at Jungkook. He's asleep, his cherry-rounded lips parted like a baby. You envy his calmness while you, on the other hand, are in the middle of a freaking life crisis.

Damn him.

Turning away, you grab your bag from the night-stand, clumsily pulling out a khaki coat and cargo pants that Taehyung had brought you.

Even in a state of distress, you take a second to admire his amazing sense of fashion.

Clumsily, you change in the bathroom before tactlessly dumping several pillows under the blankets on your bed so Jungkook thinks you're asleep. Hopefully, he doesn't notice the lack of movement and sound under these sheets.

You've been told you sound like a dying cow while you snore.

But of course he doesn't know that. Cringing at the thought, you tippy-toe towards Jungkook's suitcase beneath the window sill. You need a gun.

You rummage around it, feeling your cheeks heat up at the sight of brand new Calvin Klien boxers. Ignoring them, you finally spot a metallic gun inside the netted pocket of the suitcase.

Grabbing it, you tuck the weapon in your waist strap, wincing at the coldness pressing against your heated skin. You jolt to a stand, tying your damp hair up into a high ponytail before slipping on sneakers that are a size big for you.

Then slipping Sam's flip-phone in your coat pocket, you silently leave the room, not before pausing to take one last look at Jungkook. You could have sworn he just moved.

Stressfully, you scrutinize him quietly, arriving at a random thought that weighs you down harder than you thought it would.

This is probably the last time you'll ever see him.

It takes a solid minute of staring, a visual farewell crunched in your eyes until you shrug. It's not like you treasured a good relationship with him.

Quite the opposite, actually. Then why the heck are you finding it so hard to leave?