24| We Are Gay

The Grim Reaper.

The greatest, most wanted serial killer of all time.

In all his glory, though he appears deviant, the Grim Reaper is a well-known playwright and actor. Each year, he showcases a spine-chilling performance called the grand Jubilee.

No—Not the ice-cream cherry jubilee.

In the Grim Reaper's context, the Jubilee is neither sweet nor colorful.

It's a circus. But make it deathly.

Many of his performers go missing after a season of hard-core practice. While the Grim Reaper has been arrested multiple times as a suspect, he always encounters a way to bail out of jail with the money he had.

As for his shows, only the poor and desperate who have little to no money decide to join. The auditions to perform were voluntary, but once you made it in, there's absolutely no way out.

Well—At least alive, for that matter.

Regardless, no one cares to stop the Jubilee because its emergence has dramatically boosted the Korean economy. The show has been alive for nearly 100 years, and unlike you, people genuinely pay to watch it.

Despite the dark motive of the Jubilee, you have to admit the show is pretty damn remarkable. From what you've seen on the TV, the music, the dancing, and the thematic appeal to it is simply breathtaking.

Lisa, your friend, is somehow attracted to the Reaper's mysterious demeanor. While you hate to even consider it, you've been told that the gentleman's bewitchingly attractive.

And it's incredible how the world remains unfamiliar to the way he looks. No one has seen him without his mask, except for his stage actors, of course. That's maybe why he kills them after showing them his face.

Through it all, the Grim Reaper remains a sensational dancer with expressive movements that make him a little less scary. A little less deathly.

Almost every decade, the Grim Reaper is replaced by the most talented stage actors. Rumors have it that this decade's Grim Reaper is most likely to be in his mid 20's. The youngest of all.

Green eyes. Brunette hair. 6 feet, one inch.

So yes. You're absolutely positive that the masked man you saw at the ball yesterday was him—the one and only.

A shiver dances down your spine. He made it out of prison? Again?

The Reaper was arrested a few weeks ago for murdering a 19-year-old dancer because she couldn't do the splits. He simply killed her because he's a psycho perfectionist.

Studies show that his beliefs and ideas are inspired by his obsessive-compulsive disorder. A condition in which people have recurring thoughts. An obsession for perfecting things in a certain manner.

"By the look on your face, Red, I suppose you already know him."

The familiarity of Jungkook's voice snatches you back into reality. His voice is earthy, hot in the rain, and cold to your ears.

You blink, staring straight at Jungkook's thin, wet shirt that's pressed against his chest that defines his well sculpted muscles.

The minor tilt in his head slaps your face, making you gaze up at his eyes. "I'm... I'm not living inside a clam shell, Jungkook. I know who the bloody hell the Grim Reaper is."

The subdued anger in you is finally at its hilt. Your chest heaves not from the cold but because you're... scared.

Truth is, all you want right now is to go home. You miss your old life, your old problems. It went from worrying about your grades to if the Grim Reaper is behind your back right now.