27| Coochie Destroyer

After three hours of planning Jungkook's death, the car finally stops by the Grim Reaper's island—Jeju Island.

Reality unfurls beneath your heels the moment you step out of the car.

What if Jungkook's plan to save Bea was a scheme and you ran all the way here for nothing?

You've been so stubborn, so feministic that it never occurred to you how absolutely dangerous this could get.

Nevertheless, you don't stop walking.

As if to caution you, the shore to your left rustles quietly, spraying a fine mist that flurries into a fog around you.

A little further down, you catch a sign above a canopy that reads The Garden of Eve.

With all the golden lights gleaming on the contours of the sign, it's impossible to overlook it.

But what really catches your attention are the two male black-clad figures crouched next to a docked ferry a couple of blocks away from you.

From a distance, you don't realize the figures are Jungkook and Junghyun until they begin to suspiciously exchange things— guns to one another.

An evil smile smears across your lips.

The hard clicking of your heels turns into a soft simmer against the sandy ground as you charge toward them.

When you're standing right behind them, you hear them bickering at one another so intently that they still don't notice you. You clear your throat.

"Surely you didn't plan on leaving me behind, did you? Because if you did, then I suppose you've missed me."

Jungkook's back stiffens.

Blink, and he whirls around so fast that his honeydew scent fills your nostrils in a gust.

You flounder under his gaze as he looks down at you. When he recognizes you, his dark eyes flash with a millisecond of pure surprise.

The little pride bubbling inside of you vanishes when Jungkook takes several steps toward you until his breath is on your cheek and you can feel his heartbeat grazing your chest. His eyes are still a little wide.

"Impossible," spits the man, his voice splitting through iron.

With a smirk, you fold your hands to your chest, keeping your chin high so you don't show him how freaking jittery you are.

"You fucking assshit," you hiss, unable to contain yourself. "Who do you think you are, huh? Lying to me, locking me up in your big, ugly ass mansion." You step close to him, expression fuming. "Your ego is bigger than your fucking intellect, I swear to God."

Jungkook's jaw tightens.

He steps closer to you so his suit presses against you. "I did it for your own good," he says. "You're stubborn, inflexible, and you never follow my directions, Red. And if lying to you was going to keep you out of trouble, then I'd do it again." 

Something warm nuzzles in your chest, and you look away from him, snorting. "I don't give a shit," you snap. "That wasn't right. There were better ways to keep me away. Ever heard of communication?"

There's a dim feeling of guilt that flashes in his eyes before he blinks it away, jaw clenching. "I don't care about your feelings nor do I want to sugarcoat our relationship. I just don't want you involved."

Next to him, Junghyun's expression twists into a daze. "How... how the fucking fuck did you even get out?"

You smile up at him. "I jumped out of a window before crashing into a cactus. Thanks to Jungkook, I now have thorns stuck up my ass."