30| Motor-scape

Before you can respond, you're flying like a pregnant pigeon.

Jungkook jerks to your left, so fast that you don't realize he's twirling midair so his back is the only thing that clashes against the windows.

A scream leaves your lips when an ear-splitting boom fulminates behind you.

The mine exploded.

The sound is so loud, that you can barely hear yourself scream.

But you're plummeting towards the ground too quickly to be bothered by the explosion. The wind smacks you hard in the face, the world blurring around you. The mild light from this evening blinds your damp eyes that you force shut.

Jungkook's arms are wrapped around you so tight that you struggle to get air in your lungs. Nevertheless, you're glad he's with you. You would have passed out if you had done this alone.

Another scream escapes your lips when you hit the bushes below with a pain-wrenching thud.

Jungkook lets out a rumbling groan beneath you, his voice a choked rasp. "That's my ass you're groping, Red."

With a gasp, you quickly get off Jungkook's body, not realizing that you were grabbing his butt for support this whole time. No wonder they felt so soft-

On your knees, you stumble back, drowned in embarrassment and vertigo.

Goddamnit, Y/N. Why do you always end up grabbing his anatomy?

You watch as he sucks his teeth, trying to sit up before you gently place your palm on his chest, urging him back on the ground. "Your lower back is probably injured. You need to stay put."

"I'm fine," he says, smacking your hand away. "We're losing time. The cops-"

His voice is cut off by a siren that wails in a distance. Before anything, you quickly grab your fallen blue mask and place it over your eyes. Jungkook does the same with his black mask, tightening the ribbon behind his head.

Four cops get off the car, slamming their doors shut before they raise their guns towards you. Cold terror beats in your chest when you take in the cop in front of you.

"Hands up!"

Jungkook is beside you in a beat, his arm brushing your own. "Dip your head. Do not speak." You do as he says.

"Weapons on the ground, hands straight up!" Only now do you realize Jungkook has a pocket knife clutched in his other hand, the shiny metal peeking from his grip.

Sassily, he tilts his head to the side, his anger roiling beneath his tone when he yells, "Or what!?" You gulp, eyes widening when your dad reloads his gun with a single finger, aiming it straight at you.

Good Lord. He has no idea.

His jaw is set, hair full black, with his rugged cheeks sucked in as he aims his gun towards you. The veins in his arms bulge, his breath steady although his expression is fatigued.

"Or we'll shoot," comes his voice, bold and professional. Your heart hammers in your chest. The particular resonance edging in your dad's voice makes a shiver of familiarity race down your body.

There's still dizziness present from the fall, making the scene in front of you swirl with a mere blur. A fog clogging this crazed reality.

Abruptly, you feel Jungkook's hand sneak around your waist. Blink and his pocket knife is pressed to your neck.

What. The. Heck.

"Listen," Jungkook hisses in your ears. "Play along or I'll slit your throat. Understood?"