57| Yeontan

Yeontan is nibbling on your toes again.

Perhaps it was a dream.

Perhaps it was not.

There's a second of peace in your heart when you gaze up at the black colored walls, eyes adjusting to the artificial cloak of night.

Until it comes to you, brick by brick, in memories and images. All dovetailing into one horrifying truth.

Jungkook is the Grim Reaper.

It didn't make sense until it did.

Horror rips your body up and you realize you're sitting on a couch—a very comfortable black couch, brain swimming in unforgettable waves of dread.

"Welcome back."

Junghyun is staring at you.

Jungkook's brother is staring at you.

The good one or the bad one—you don't know anymore.

He's sitting on a fancy cushioned chair, his legs spread apart as he steeples his hands on the chair's armrest.

Staring back at his dark eyes makes the room flicker into mild dimness.

You're not sure what to do because who is he again? Who did you mistake him for?

You're inside the Golden Jubilee—you realize. You're in Daegu. Which means your were passed out for roughly around four hours.

You knew what the Grim Reaper's palace looked like on television and this room was aesthetically just that. Black walls and golden bling lights specked on the contours of the walls.

There's a metal handcuff clasped around your wrist. It's so tight, it turns your palms white.

There's guards scattered around the room, standing perfectly upright with Glock 19's in their hands. There's one guarding the door, another standing right beside you, and one next to Junghyun, all wearing white ghost-face masks that remind you of Money Heist.

Yeontan is sitting by your couch, staring up at you with his tongue poking out. His little head tilts to the side when he notices the frown on your face, the golden fur curtaining his doe eyes.

If Yeontan's here, then you would assume Taehyung would be around but he isn't. But if he is then who's side was he on? Is there even a side?

If Jungkook is the Grim Reaper then why is Junghyun here? Shouldn't Jungkook be here? Precisely aiming a gun at you?

And the ultimate question. How can Jungkook be the Grim Reaper when you've seen him fight the Reaper face to face before? 

Jungkook runs a company. He cannot be in two places at once. That's impossible.

There's a beating in your heart that escalates.

But it is possible, you realize, feeling the room dim.

It is possible if there were two Jungkook's.

Two different kind.

In two different places.

A twin.

There's a million questions zapping through your mind. It's still slightly dark outside. But foggier which means it's very early in the morning. You could be wrong but you don't care.

"Where's Jungkook?"

Out of all the questions you could ask, it's the first thing you ask him. How incredibly naive.

Junghyun is wearing a tailored white suit. A white tie. Around his collar, there's a pattern of gold all tessellated beautifully into a design. Underneath, he's wearing a white shirt that's unbuttoned to reveal a trace of his chest.