42| Red Riding Hood

The air hung thick outside, with siren lights spilling everywhere.

I don't realize I'm holding Y/N's hand until she finally wiggles out of my vice like grip.

She's staring straight ahead with her long lashes batting in the moonlight. "What do we tell the police?"

We made it out of the building in one piece since the cops had arrived and took down most of the Reaper's men. But my file's missing. And the Reaper is still on loose.

"I'll handle this," I say, voice as dry as sandpaper. "You should go home. It's late."

A gust of wind sweeps across Y/N's neck, brushing back her curls. Unconsciously, she touches her fingers to the ugly scar forming on her rosy cheek. She must have got the scar while she defended me from the guy who tried to shoot me in the staircase.

I narrowed my eyes at her wound. "You see what happens when you don't listen to me?"

At my cocky stipulation, Y/N gives me a look and I press my lips together, trying not to look away with the way she's staring at me. She folds her hands to her chest, almost challengingly. "You do realize I saved your life, right?"

Defensively, I fidgeted with the rings on my fingers, twisting them around so it hurt. She did save my ass tonight. I hadn't seen the man with the gun. Although in my head, I blamed Y/N for it. She clouds my judgment and it annoys the hell out of me.

"You did," I say, jaw tightening. "Don't ever do that again."

She cranes her neck to examine my expression audaciously. "Your welcome, you dick."

I raise a brow at her. "Say that to me again and you won't get one."

Her eyes widen at my words and I shrug. Maybe that muffin did have quite some rum in it.

But if she thinks she can call me anything she wants then she still doesn't know whom she's talking to.

Her cheeks go flaming, sunburn red. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." She looks away, then glances at her watch. "I should get going."

I nod, stepping aside. "I'll see you tomorrow. On time."

She gives me a small salute before leaving hurriedly. She nearly stumbles and I try not to snort.

Just after Y/N leaves, I feel a big drop of rain fall against my cheek, catching me off guard. I reach a finger up to wipe it off, just as another gentle drop falls against my hand.

I squint up at the dark clouds that soon break into a fit of punishing rain. I turn to glance at the crowd of people huddled outside the gates of my company. They're all looking for me.

The wind gets stronger as I stride towards them. Seo is the first to notice me, her eyes widening.

"Babe!" She howls, running straight towards me. I try not to pretend like I'm suddenly deaf.

She gets close to me so fast I have to step back a little. "Oh my god, Jungkook. Where were you? Are you hurt? I have bandages in my car."

I have a gun in my car.

I send her a tight lipped smile. "Thank you Seo but that won't be necessary. I'm perfectly unharmed."

"Mr Jeon?" A voice comes from behind me. I turn to look at a cop who has a notebook and a pencil in his hands. "May I have a moment of your time? I have questions to ask you."

I unhook my arm from Seo's. Half relieved to get away from her but annoyed I have to document everything to the cops. "I'll be a moment," I tell Seo and she sighs. "Take your time."