Epilogue| On The Desk

A Year Later

"Mrs. Jeon?"

You turn, feeling the new title feather into your ears like a song. Mrs. Jeon. Sounds a little awkward but at least you could pull him.

Jeon Jungkook.

The billionaire. The Grim Reaper. The richest, most successful businessman in Korea. And also the most arrogant. And the most possessive. And the most amazing in bed.

"Yes, Namjoon?" He smiles at you, handing you a file. "Can you deliver this to Jungkook's office?"

You grin like a ray of sunshine. "I would love to!" Namjoon gives you a small smile.

"Congratulations on your engagement. Having you in his life has been the best thing he could ever ask for. He's himself now. He smiles, he laughs, you allowed him to love himself, Y/N. Never forget that."

There was something so warm and sincere in Namjoon's gaze that made you smile back at him just as radiantly. "Thank you, Namjoon," you say. "The best thing about Jungkook is his friends." You wink, and Namjoon laughs, giving you a side hug. "I'll catch you later."

You nod, then walk away happily towards your fiancé's office.

"Knock knock," you say, entering his office without knocking. You're smiling ear to ear until you realize the scene inside.

Jungkook is fuming. He's on the phone, standing by his massive window, gazing out at the cityscape view with his brows bunching.

"No, Jack," he spits over the phone. "I told you that my company comes first. I don't care--respectfully--about your opinion on our share prices. Just seal the deal with me."

You swallow at his tone. Jungkook can be scary when he wants to. Never with you, though. He's always been so mature, and sincere, and gentle with you.

Although these past few months you barely had so much time to spend with Jungkook because his work consumed him.

You walk towards his desk, waiting for him to finish the heated call. He looks so hot from this angle. Tall, lean, and bulky all at once. He's ravishing. Your soon to be husband is ravishing.

He grumbles a few insults concealed in a professional way to the guy over the phone. Poor Jack.

Jungkook pinches the bridge of his nose with absolute vexation. "Yes," he gruntles. "Now ask your PR's to seal the deal with me, Jack, or I'll seal your career instead. Good day." Then he hangs up the call.

Jungkook turns and freezes when he catches you standing by his desk. The frown between his brows disappeared like a dream.

"Red."

Jungkook's voice was always like a healing balm to you. And the way he says your nickname would never fail to make warmth nuzzle in your chest. "Wrong time?" You ask.

He strides toward you. "No. What do you need?" He pulls out the chair of his desk before taking a seat by his laptop.

You place the file on his desk. "Namjoon told me to--"

"Thank you," he says, grabbing the file from your hands before placing it on his desk. He types a few key words on his laptop, slightly ignoring you in the process.

But you don't take offense to it because you know he's busy. You've come to terms with that and as much as it annoys you, it's just how things have to be because his company is thriving and he has to make sure it stays that way. These are the consequences that you will gladly bear.