25| Roles Reversed

Have you ever wanted to punch someone for no reason at all?

There's a certain glint of eminence in the girl's eyes as she looks down at you, making you raise your chin high as if there was a nasty fly on your chest. It irks you.

Noel—you believe, turns her attention to Jungkook, her rosy lips clipped. "Sir," she greets, bowing at him slightly, but professionally. "The blueprints are complete. So are the presentation slides."

Jungkook nods curtly. "Good," he says, and a moment of silence gnaws by, an acknowledgment of your unusual appearance.

In an obvious manner, Noel's pretty black eyes flick towards you, examining you from head to toe as if to ask who the hell are you?

Jungkook follows her gaze, staring at you almost... embarrassed.

Hesitantly, he gestures towards you. "This is my new assistant, Park..." He trails off, and a moment of agonizing silence floats the air around you. You frown at Jungkook, who's lips are slightly parted as he struggles to recall your name.

There is no way he still doesn't know your name. But when the silence gets deafening loud, you feel Jungkook tense, making you realize he's unable to—physically or not—verbalize your name. Like saying your name would bring a curse upon him.

He's such a little bitch.

Noel seems oblivious to his hesitation. She turns to you fully with her eyebrows raised. "Assistant, sir? I didn't think you needed one."

Something in the way she regards you makes your blood boil.  Containing your anger, you reach out a hand for a handshake.

Noel's eyes drop to your hands, before she looks away, bumping her shoulder against yours as she follows Jungkook inside his house.

Anger simmers through your veins.

What a dense mushroom.

Rolling your eyes, you follow her and Jungkook inside, mind still replaying Jungkook's expression as he failed to introduce your name. Noel's Prada boots click-clack against the granite floor as she walks close to Jungkook's side, her fingers brushing his arm rather purposefully.

"Ah Jungkook," you blurt, breaking the silence as he punches the touch screen to unlock the front door.

"We never finished making out."

His fingers freeze on the small iPad.

Beside you, Noel's shoulders stiffen, causing you to smirk.

Now that's more like it.

"Red," warns Jungkook through gritted teeth.

Your raise your brow. "What? I'm just reminding you we never finished—"

"There was nothing to finish," prattles Jungkook. "Noel?"

The girl stands upright. "Yes, sir?"

"Escort Ms. Park to her room and meet me upstairs in the commons."

You give Jungkook a look. Ms. Park?

When will he stop call you anything but your name?

Something odd passes between Jungkook and Noel before she sends you a glance. "Yes sir, of course."

Without another look, Jungkook takes off, and you follow Noel upstairs, and through a corridor before she pauses outside the room you were in yesterday.

She kicks the door open. "Mr. Jeon would like you to stay in here. We're attending an important meeting so this door will be locked. Don't get the wrong idea."