04| When Sky Falls

Bungee jumping is a ride you've always been fanatic about.

Unlike some, you enjoyed the plunging drop your heart experiences when you fall downwards after reaching the summit. It's almost like you're flying in mid-air by the weightless feeling your body experiences in a jiffy.

But you see, bungee jumping has those countless straps and stretchy chords hugging your body for safety purposes so you're completely unconcerned of falling into an accident but wholly captivated in having fun.

This is different.

Very different.

There's no cord attached to your body, no straps securing you, heck not even a safety guard inspecting you.

It's just you, completely unequipped with the exception of him.

He's got you tugged in his arms like a vice, your head buried under his chin as the two of you suspend in the air that swishes you out of reality. You're falling quickly—too quickly that your throat can't voice out a hysterical scream as the world rushes by you in a blur.

Then, almost like a water bomb, your body splashes against the icy cold surface of the water, the sudden temperature making your body flinch. The water drenches your clothes, the cold engulfing you as it shoves your body down through the indigo water.

It takes all your stamina to break back into the surface, and when you do, you gulp a burst of air in your lungs.Your eyes start to prickle from the salty water blurring your vision as you struggle to keep your face away from the ripples gushing your face.

Somehow—through all the chaos—Jungkook isn't by your side anymore. It's not something you're complaining about, but you hate to admit that his absence strangely makes you feel extremely unsafe.

Forget him, Y/N! That arrogant self-centered asshole is probably advancing the shore by now. Forget him!

Before you could yell for help, the waves dip your body downwards, the salt somehow making its way to your taste buds. You try moving your limbs, but with the sea succeeding to trap you into its gloomy depths, your brain isn't cooperating.

Damn it, Y/N. Breathe

Never in your life have you been so desperate for oxygen. It's something you've taken for granted. Like a moron, you voice out a very pathetic scream that transfers into a train of bubbles drifting effortlessly upwards—as if mocking you. 

"Jung—!" You choke out. "J-ungcock!"  

Get down here and help me, you douchebag. 

By now, the urgency to breathe forces you to suck water in your lungs that feel like they're on fire.

A moment later, vague black spots blur the field of your vision until it occurs to you that the spots together look almost like a human figure reaching out to your sinking body.

With your numb hands, it's nearly impossible to tell whether they've been touched by something—or rather someone. But by the incomprehensible tingles that rush through your body, you can tell there's a hand grabbing your wrist, while a bulky masculine arm sneaks around your waist to tow your body upwards.

You open your mouth like a fish until you feel a gale of wind seep through your skin, but you're too drained to even shiver. Before there's air seeping through your lips, you feel vague black hues permeating the edges of your vision until they completely take over you.

~~~

Although your consciousness continues to float through thick static, you could tell your body is now placed on the rugged ground as the mud pierces your pale skin.

It's only a moment later after you feel something soft and warm, almost like marshmallows pressed against your lips. Then a hand lays on you chest, pumping up and down along with a familiar sweet scent of honeydew lingering under your nostrils.

Hm, this must be heaven...

Immediately after, you feel a cool and comforting substance seeping through your system. Besides the air that rushes through your lungs, you feel undeniably good with the strange waves of tingles, and like before, you can't seem to grasp exactly what's causing the pleasurable sensation.

"Dammit woman, breathe," a voice says, then after a moment, "I swear Red, if you don't, then I'm leaving you here to die."

What? Last time you checked, angels never cursed.

You can't seem to grasp what the so-deemed angel is saying, but you know for a fact he isn't in a very good mood at the moment. Hm, maybe he's a fallen angel.

The dark and the cold tumbles over you, leaving your body white like a China doll. You cannot think, cannot breathe adequately, and your senses keep flickering on and off.

"I think I'm going to die," you mumble. And the words come out so soft you're not sure if Jungkook hears you.

But then you hear him exhale sharply before his face comes into your lane of sight, his beautiful, handsome face that's specked with droplets of water that glimmer like diamonds.

His face is a blur but you could still define how prettily his rosy lips part as he stares down at you. The slightest look of concern on his face if you looked hard enough. 

His wet hair curtains his forehead, and the water from his hair falls against your lips, making you unconsciously swipe your tongue against your lower lip. 

Still barely conscious, you reach your hand up to him, your fingers grazing the side of his cheek. "Thank you," you breathe out, then cough, shut your eyes, then open them again. 

You felt him brush your hair back. "Stay with me," he says, and his voice was so close to earth, so raw and low. "Because if you die then they'll think I killed you or something."

You snort out a small laugh before it turns out into a violent cough. Jungkook slowly brings your body to sit on the stoney ground. He rubs your back and you feel his inner arms graze your breasts on accident. "I'm sorry," he mutters quickly, leaning away. 

Something hot and strong passes in the air between you both and you grab his wet shirt that clings to his body so tightly that you can see his abs. The series of muscled bumps through his shirt that makes your heart flutter like the wings of a butterfly.

Without a mind, you yank his body towards you so his nose presses against yours. His eyes widen slightly. "Red--"

You press your lips against his, and he stiffens. Somewhere in that second, you knew it isn't right. That it's wrong and you'll regret it but you hear the man let out a breathless grunt against your lips.

Then he grabs the back of your head and kisses you back so hard it makes your lips bleed. 

~~~~~

A/N: Unedited. The chapter was short again, but I hope it was good enough.