47| Chai Baby

You're humming like a bee the next morning.

Jungkook is in the shower while you're downstairs, looking for cups to pour your chai into.

Now that his blinds were open, the morning light gleamed in like a ray of constellations, illuminating his dark colored falls and furniture.

The aroma of ealichi soon permeated the air, but you could still smell hints of Jungkook's lemongrass and honeydew cologne. It's hardly unfair for his house to smell so pretty. Because yours always smelt like Indian food.

It's not like you mind because it gave you a little preparation for what to expect for lunch or dinner. Usually, Jihoon prepared Korean food, but the Indian spices you had stored in the kitchen had aromas so strong you could smell the cardamon in your bedroom.

You're smiling like a moron, thinking you're the only one in the kitchen until you feel Junghyun's presence behind you.

Turning, you send him a wide smile. "Good morning!"

He's still in pajamas, hair ruffled messily. He raises a brow at your questionable energy. "Who's got you smiling teeth to teeth like that this morning?"

You pretend to think. "Not you?"

There's a visible frown between his brows. "I'll try not to take offense to that."

You roll your eyes. "Do you want some chai?"

Junghyun steps closer to you, hovering by the counter. His eyes scan the slight mess you made on the counter, with the small spill of milk and the elaichi scattered around. "I'd like some chai tea, thank you very much."

You make a face at him. "Calling it 'chai tea' is redundant."

He raises his hands in surrender. "Pardon my lack of knowledge on Indian sentiments, Y/N. But I would still really like some."

Laughing, you pour chai into his cup, feeling his eyes on your back. "So," he says, drumming his fingers against the counter. "Are you and Jungkook dating?"

That catches you off guard.

Okay, so he definitely heard you last night.

Trying not to blush, you considered nodding, but then realized that after last night, you never had the conversation with Jungkook.

Not that you wanted to have that conversation with him. Simply because it was obvious.

You two are in a situation-ship. Last night was definitely not a fling because Jungkook specifically said you were exclusive.

And you two are most definitely not a sneaky link or best friends with benefits because for starters, you two are not best friends.

So that leaves you with what? Dating?

"You could say that," you finally respond, making Junghyun pause the cup mid air before bringing it to his lips. "So did he tell you everything then?"

At his vagueness, you raise a brow, wondering why he's being so nosy. "Like about the...monastery?"

Although his face is angled slightly away, you could notice the way his expression tightens before he looks away. "Yeah."

Only now do you realize that he was also part of that nightmare. "He did," you mumble. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

Junghyun takes a sip from his cup, letting the liquid squirm his taste palette before he swallows, setting his cup back on the table. "And you're still dating him? Regardless of the fact?"

It's your turn to sip tea but you do it casually. "Why wouldn't I?"

Something shapes his expression. Like he just realized something. "Ah," he says, folding his hands to his chest. "So he didn't tell you everything."