52| Pookie In A Porshe

Someone is screaming your name.

It sounded dreamy like an echo of Jungkook's voice.

Your eyes flutter open. There's smoke like chalk dust swallowing you, sending your head into levels of vertigo.

So much dirt goes through your mouth at once you start coughing, feeling the debris under your stomach that makes your skin prickle with pain. You try to stand, but your body falls back against the ground like a magnet.

A puff of smoke from beneath you rises like the feathers of a phoenix. Fuck this.

Shaking your head, you try to get rid of the permeating beeping noise in your ears and when it stops, you realize that the person screaming your name really was Jungkook.

He sounded far away. And that gives you muse to stand, along with the desire to just find him. "Jungkook," you seethe out, coughing again.

"Y/N?" A female voice calls, and you're surprised by how disappointed you are when you squint your eyes up to see that it's Bea.

She frowns at you with concern, her eyes teary. She helps you stand, dusting the dirt off your shirt. "Thank goodness, are you alright?"

You swallow, nodding. "How's everyone else?" How's Jungkook?

She grabs your hand as you try to walk but you nearly stumble, trying to find your footing. "Everyone's okay. Let's get you out of here." You follow closely as she walks out where the smoke clears out.

There's a sea change of cop cars blocking the intersection, their red and blue lights flaring in the mild darkness of the evening. "Thank you for finding me." You're grabbing Bea's arm so tight you hope her blood flow doesn't cut off. She places a comforting arm around you.

Once the smoke clears out completely, you see a yellow taxi parked by a curb a little away from the main intersection. Bea sighs in relief, leading you towards the car. "Where's everyone else?" You ask with a frown, and Bea opens the door for you.

"They're finding you. Get inside. We don't know where Junghyun is so keep yourself low. I'll let everyone know I found you."

"But—" She gently shoves you inside the car. "Hurry inside. I don't want Junghyun to find you. That asshole is still around and the cops are not doing anything."

Swallowing, you nod at her, and she holds your hand for a moment before shutting the door. The taxi driver turns on the engine. He was wearing a black mask. For a moment, you're only staring at Bea's retreating figure with confused curiosity until you feel something dark creep in the air.

There's a scent floating around in this taxi that you very well recognize. And it hits you like burning coal, making your insides lurch.

Slowly, you turn your head to see the man sitting in the driver's seat.

Your heart turns into stone.

A quarter smile smears across his lips, his black mask now off. "Hello, Love. You look like you just saw the Grim Reaper. Am I that hot?"

You're already trying to open the door, feeling paranoia cascade down your body in waves. Bea is walking away from you and you scream out her name with an ugly rasp, making her turn, her expression completely stoic.

"Bea!" You yell, and she rolls her eyes at you before walking away, swaying her hips as she does so. Your heart throbs in betrayal.

"Oh hell," you grit out, fear etched in your voice.

You jam the car windows down but Junghyun grabs your arm, preventing you from getting out the window. "No! Get me out!"

Junghyun chuckles. "Not so fast sweetheart."