21| Home Sweet Hoe

Kim Namjoon.

The man is big—huge even.

Tall and strong he stands, face a glimmer of sweat, dimples, and chaos.

For a brief moment, everyone in the room falls silent, just as the ground beneath you shuffles a deck of cards. Whoever Namjoon is, he is no ordinary friend. The entirety of him just... standing makes you want to crawl away.

Aptly enough, everything sinks into your system like molten lava, hot, and unbelievably too much to take in. The call. Jihoon. Sam. The masked man. Jungkook.

One sharp breath and you're snatched into reality.

Jeon freaking Jungkook.

The last time you saw him, he wanted you dead. Then again, he always wants you dead. Nonetheless, you can only pray he's doing okay right now. 

"Hey Y/N?" Jin's voice makes you flinch. You didn't realize he's standing right next to you.

"Are you alright?" He asks. "You look like you're about to go zombie mode."

That makes you want to smile, but your lips are almost sealed together. "I feel sick," you confess, feeling nausea build at the crick of your neck. "It must be the smog."

Namjoon's face hardens with concern. He leans at your eye level, gaze flicking all over your face before he rests his huge palm against your forehead. His round eyes go wide. "Shit. You're burning up. We need to get you—"

"Jungkook," you cut him off.

He blinks at you. Once. Twice. "Pardon?"

"I-I shot him—" You choke out. "I didn't mean to. You.. you should call him. Call Jungkook. Take him to the hospital or something. Please. I'm sorry Namjoon. I'm sorry. I was just so... so scared of losing my dad."

You feel Namjoon's face grow pale, his hand dropping to your sides. "Y/N, you shot the man? Like with a fucking gun?"

Before you can bring yourself to answer, nausea jitters in your stomach, rising to your throat until you swallow. Hard.

"Oh for fuck's sake Yoongi," you hear Namjoon suddenly curse. "Quit yawning and get the Jeep."

And those were the last words you hear before Hoseok's face in the corner stretches with a bounce. A minor shift in the air, a sudden burst of saturated colors. The world then flops into a pano blur before your vision snaps pitch black.

"Y/N!"

~~~~~

Band

Aid.

The strong scent lingers under your stuffy nose as you inhale the cool air in this room. It's like breathing in the entirety of Antarctica.

For a moment, the morning silence embraces you, and you cherish it all until footsteps, slow and heavy, thud towards your left. It's so sudden that you blink your eyes open, squinting up at the sun-stained ceilings.

"You're always alive. It's annoying."

You snap your head to the side, straining your neck to gaze straight at Jungkook who's scowling down at you, lips a violent line.

He has a cast on.

God, you feel terrible. 

Memories from yesterday influx into your brain, settling in place like a Rubix cube. You're not sure how to apologize without actually apologizing. He probably doesn't want to hear it anyway.