34| Stranger Danger

This reminds you of club penguin.

Except-penguins are cute and people are not.

It's so full here you can barely hear yourself think.

You squirm towards the bar, unable to walk straight after Jungkook practically drained all the ATP from your body. Another step and you'll evaporate into the loud music that whisks your eardrums in half.

Huffing in annoyance, you slump against a bar stool, waiting for your friend Lisa to show up. It's about time you spill the tea about Jungkook that's burning on your tongue.

Truth be told, you may have a thing or two for Jungkook.

You've been itching to tell someone about him. Arrogant and hot in all his glory, the man still gave your heart a little puppy kiss.

Jeez, Y/N. You're such a mouse.

Annoyed and impatient, you pull out your phone to send a quick text to your friend.

i swear to god lisa, if you stand me up, i'm gonna steal your favorite pink fuzzy socks & feed it to your pet chickens so they choke on it & die.

Funny enough, you choke on your mineral water when you catch an attractive gentleman making his way through the crowd of people on the dance floor.

There's something about the way he moves that intrigues you. Considering it's Halloween today, you don't think much of the mask he's wearing.

But the fair reason he catches your eye is that he's dressed up as the Grim Reaper.

It's a popular costume but he barely has to try to look like him. The man's mask covers his upper face, unveiling his perfect lips and acute jawline. There's a slight stubble on his chin that enhances his strong physique.

He walks like a shadow, moving mysteriously towards the bar stool across from you.

The blood is hot in your veins. His proximity makes you cautious, eyes darting every now and then toward his direction like a magnet.

Your heart lurches in its cage when you glance at him once more to find him looking at you.

You look away from him, thinking it's just a fluke but when your eyes are anchored on the stranger again, he's still staring.

Goddamn his eyes. They're green. Brilliant emerald. Like wands of grass.

Contact lens?

Your lips part to say something, but you're not sure if he can hear you over all the music in the background. Besides, you're not sure what to say.

In the most agonizing slowness, the man's lips curl into a steady smile. You're dazzled before it takes you a second to realize he's actually mouthing something to you.

His full lips move in a manner that makes you feel things you shouldn't.

"May I buy you a drink?"

You nearly melt to the ground. No man has ever tried to hit on you. Let alone a Reaper.

Even if you wanted to decline this man, it's too late. He stands, walking towards you without taking his emerald eyes off your face.

The club's jazz music rises, spilling your senses, and crashing against your metronome. There's an unsteady flow of adrenaline rushing through your body.

You cannot think.

The stranger takes a seat next to you. And the moment he does, you're levitating.