Part 3

Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well!! I'm getting my 2nd dose of the COVID vaccine on Saturday so I'm super excited for that woohoo! Love you all :)

This is gonna be a happy chapter, feel free to vote if you like it! Just as a reminder it's from America's POV <3

-

I look around the room, not being able to contain my smile. Everyone I love and hold dear to my heart is in this room. Gerad, Gwen, Logan, Ashlyn, Amberly, Xander, all of my beautiful grandchildren, and last but certainly not least, Maxon. 

My eyes linger on my husband as I'm surveying my surroundings. He's speaking with one of the guards, laughing about who knows what. He is so incredibly handsome today, dressed in one of his nicest suits. He has definitely dressed for the occasion, as have I.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a gentle hand on my arm. I turn my head to see Amberly standing next to me.

"Hello, sweetheart," I murmur, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"You look absolutely stunning, Mom," she replies, moving so she's standing right in front of me. "Dad is truly a lucky man."

I giggle, my eyes wandering to him again. "Honestly, I'm the lucky one."

Amberly waves someone over, and I follow her gaze to Xander, who begins walking toward us.

He bows once he's reached us. "Your Majesty." His voice is formal, but I smile kindly at him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I told you Xander, Mom is perfectly fine."

Blushing, he says, "Okay, Mom... You look beautiful. Congratulations on 50 years."

"Thank you, Xander. I can't believe it's already been that long... it feels like just yesterday he proposed to me." I pause, winking at Amberly. "But here we have living proof that it's been much longer than that."

Amberly and Xander both laugh, holding each other. Seeing them together - and seeing all my children with their spouses - makes me melt. I couldn't be happier that they all found someone that makes them as happy as their father makes me. That is all I wished for, and it came true.

Though it saddens me to know I won't be here forever to watch over them and to see my grandchildren grow up and have kids of their own, I know they will be perfectly fine, and they will always have each other.

I look up again to find Maxon, and when I spot him, he's also looking at me. I feel my cheeks heating up as a smile. After all this time, he still gives me butterflies.

He immediately starts walking over to where we're standing, and Amberly whispers to me, "I'll let you guys have a minute alone. See you around! Love you!" With a quick hug, she pulls Xander away.

As he approaches, he gives me the biggest grin which I can't help but return. "Hi, my love."

"My dear," he replies with a kiss on my cheek. "How are you enjoying the party?"

"It's lovely." I put my arm around his. "You look very handsome in that suit."

Chuckling, he whispers in my ear, "I was just about to say, you look phenomenal in that dress. How about later, you let me take it off of you?"

"Maxon!" I exclaim, hitting his arm playfully. Lowering my voice, I add, "But yes. Absolutely."

We both laugh then fall silent as we watch the festivities around us. I can't help but look at him, though. His silver hair is perfectly combed, his suit perfectly fitting. Though he's now 70, he's no less handsome than the day that we met. Or the day we married, or the day we had our first child. He's still the same amazingly attractive husband.